Facebook And Your Death

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Bit of an off topic but maybe something to think about. Today on my Facebook timeline there is a birthday notification of a friend but he died earlier this year so does not need a birthday greeting. I looked into what Facebook users can do before they die in their settings if anyone wanted their account deleted after their death or Memorialized.

There are other related links on the bottom of this page, https://www.facebook.com/help/103897939701143

post-1-0-37081400-1451113374_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I would set it up so that FaceBook will remember my legacy when I pass away by passing gas and saving it in a glass bottle.  Label it weapon of massive destruction......he, he.  

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I looked into what Facebook users can do before they die in their settings if anyone wanted their account deleted after their death or Memorialized.

I can understand most of things but as with many Others, How? will they know we are Dead?

Just a Question Here Guys & Gals!

Jack :unsure:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I looked into what Facebook users can do before they die in their settings if anyone wanted their account deleted after their death or Memorialized.

I can understand most of things but as with many Others, How? will they know we are Dead?

Just a Question Here Guys & Gals!

Jack :unsure:

They will see all the selfies your family put up and put two and two together.  :)

There's a contact link in this page to notify Facebook. 

How do I report a deceased person or an account that needs to be memorialized?  https://www.facebook.com/help/150486848354038

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
How? will they know we are Dead?
They will see all the selfies your family put up and put two and two together. :)

If I was a member of FB,  I would bequeath a photo posted of my last meal. :no: 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
If I was a member of FB,  I would bequeath a photo posted of my last meal.

Hmmm need to think about that one JB

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Maybe your legacy can live forever plus if you are dead you cant tell them.

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Irrelevant if like me you've decided to live forever. Irrelevant anyway 'cos I ain't on Facebook......... :lol:  

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Can anyone explain to me when someone puts some sad new on face book about a death they seem to get lots of likes, whats that about

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Can anyone explain to me when someone puts some sad new on face book about a death they seem to get lots of likes, whats that about

There is no sympathy button so a like is an acknowledgement of the fact I guess.