Fireworks And Festivities

Larry45
Posted
Posted

What's your plans for the celebration tonight?  I had a blast (literally!) my first year here tossing small bombs out my 4th floor hotel window at some locals trying to shoot me with bottle rockets.  I think there are war zones that are less noisy and dangerous than New Years here!  Now with family, we are staying in a small, quiet hotel where we won't be disturbed or hit by stray bullets.  I can't see over the neighbors wall, but it sounds like this could be a picture of them right now.  Be safe, everyone!

12106824_1666185330262475_14121722526012

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I just know we stay on 1st floor during the mad moment :thumbsup:  :cheersty:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They are still singing Christmas carols here, gets on your nerves after a while.Maybe after the festivities they will go back to just 2 discos a week haha I doubt it.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Aah! The time when the positive side of the Holiday period can become a negative. Seems most up and down our area have had enough and are wanting to get back to their lazy days of doing nothing.

Fireworks are going off as I write this, Not too sure if they will have enough for tonight but wait! I guess they will be knocking or Singing for Cash at some stage.

I won't be going far as I will be Dog Sitting. The bangs and that don't seem to worry them in the daylight but I know they will be frenzied after dark.

Still makes me wonder how the life of the local is prioritized though, I see New Motorcycles, New iphones, Plenty of Alcohol being bought, Fireworks Galore but We have no Rice Sir.

Just saying. :1 (103):

Jack  :)

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Aah! The time when the positive side of the Holiday period can become a negative. Seems most up and down our area have had enough and are wanting to get back to their lazy days of doing nothing.

Fireworks are going off as I write this, Not too sure if they will have enough for tonight but wait! I guess they will be knocking or Singing for Cash at some stage.

I won't be going far as I will be Dog Sitting. The bangs and that don't seem to worry them in the daylight but I know they will be frenzied after dark.

Still makes me wonder how the life of the local is prioritized though, I see New Motorcycles, New iphones, Plenty of Alcohol being bought, Fireworks Galore but We have no Rice Sir.

Just saying. :1 (103):

Jack  :)

Funny you should mention that.... the dogs' reaction after dark. My wife said the very same thing at breakfast this morn and added, with a laugh & smile, that she would put algodon/cotton in their ears to make it easier on them. I will wait and see if she was only joking. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

What???????

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Quite quiet here last night by usual standards but my daughter liked it when the fire went past with the sirens going.About the only time it has been out. There was a house on fire here a few years ago and the truck would not start.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think there were more fireworks blasted this year than last year.  It was not possible to drive the side roads at midnight as EVERY intersection in my area was turned into a fireworks launchpad.  I waited until half past 12 and it had died down by then but the Fireworks debris on the road looked like a war zone.  I wonder who cleans that up.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It was less in our neighborhood than past years .... a few booms from 9:00 till 11:00pm and then about 11:30 they started heavy but all was quiet by 1:00am with a few till 1:30 when we went to bed .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I suspect that another of those mean ol' dangerous fire works will be added to the list next year of illegal fireworks ..... the Good By Philippines ..... it seems that 2 enterprising souls found new ways to launch the thing that looks like a 81mm mortar ..... the first one decided that sitting down and placing it between his feet would make a bigger bang .... it did but took his foot with it ..... the second on decided that he could fire it free had style and clutched it to his chest ..... he died ....

You know instead of banning certain fireworks as being dangerous maybe they should ban certain people as being dangerous .... especially after consuming to much Red Horse or Tanduay ....  :bash:   :hystery:  :hystery: 

:cheersty: