Globe Signal Booster?

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Up here in my 24th floor room in the sky, my cell phone internet is all but useless. I keep expecting to hear 28.8 modem sounds whenever I open the browser. Many sites won't load at all and the ones that do take several minutes.

Is there such a thing as a signal booster that I can get to put in the condo that might get me to 21st century speeds? I'm in the Marikina area of that matters.

Since it's temporary housing, I'm not able to get regular internet installed.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

that might get me to 21st century speeds?

post-2148-0-31459000-1451565421.jpg to the Philippines! But happy New year anyway :thumbsup:

Jack :)

• Like 1

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

I thought that might be the answer, but it never hurts to ask. Sigh.

Happy New Year to you as well! I'm just laying on the couch and listening to the firecrackers popping off all over the place. I think it's going to be a very long, very loud night. :)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Happy New Year to you as well! I'm just laying on the couch and listening to the firecrackers popping off all over the place. I think it's going to be a very long, very loud night. :)

You are Not wrong on that one but you might escape the Karaoke post-2148-0-71813000-1451566801.jpg  :hystery:

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

You are Not wrong on that one but you might escape the Karaoke fingers crossed.jpg :hystery:

Jack :thumbsup:

I was invited to a Videoke party. I respectfully declined. My hope is that all the college kids in my building are heading out to parties instead of having them here!

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Up here in my 24th floor room in the sky, my cell phone internet is all but useless. I keep expecting to hear 28.8 modem sounds whenever I open the browser. Many sites won't load at all and the ones that do take several minutes. Is there such a thing as a signal booster that I can get to put in the condo that might get me to 21st century speeds? I'm in the Marikina area of that matters.
Well.

1. They don't make the signal faster, BUT there are antennas and discs which can make signals STRONGER, so the connection isn't interupted often.

2. Plus there are some equipments which automaticly switch to the fastest available sender, when you have more than one option. I don't remember if it was such a member talked about when he had good result from a sender at Luzon, although he was in Visayas!

"24th floor."

Just a theory, which I have no idea if it can be true   :)   (=I have no idea if they send in all directions, up too, or if it just send to sides in "funnel shape".)

Perhaps the close senders don't send that high up, passing UNDER you. Have you tested connecting from a low floor?

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Up here in my 24th floor room in the sky, my cell phone internet is all but useless. I keep expecting to hear 28.8 modem sounds whenever I open the browser. Many sites won't load at all and the ones that do take several minutes.

Is there such a thing as a signal booster that I can get to put in the condo that might get me to 21st century speeds? I'm in the Marikina area of that matters.

Since it's temporary housing, I'm not able to get regular internet installed.

Globe has a customer service center in every SM, you should visit them.and discuss same.

My limited understanding is the signal is weakened by oversubscription, too many users on at the same time. Since 18 December school was out, and since then I had similar problems as you. Now at 6 AM it's running normal, last night up to 2400 I could not even access the forum unless after multiple tries. Also from 6 to 10 PM peak hours for TV and news, the same problem will occur. On Monday school is back in session, that will be your first indication.

Also this low signal is common inside large buildings in Metro Manila, working from the balcony or open window might be better.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Globe has a customer service center in every SM, you should visit them.and discuss same.

The customer service center in SM Bacolod is only there to take your money in new applications. Our daughter went there when we were having problems and was told to use the phone on the wall to call service in Cebu. After 30 minutes of waiting, she had to go. I switched to PLDT.

the other jp

• Like 2

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Thanks, all. I will try some of your suggestions. My phone is dual SIM, so I might even try getting a SIM from another carrier and bouncing back and forth based on which one is the fastest at the time.

I didn't think about oversaturation. I'll wait until Monday to see if it speeds up once the kiddos put their phones down for five minutes. :)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
once the kiddos put their phones down for five minutes.

Here in the Philippines???? Boy you are new here aren't you? lolol :hystery:

• Like 2