Guard

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have always worried about something like this happening while walking by one of the many guards all over the Philippines and many with their fingers on the triggers during armored car deliveries. I often zig or zag and try to get as far away from many of them that have fingers anywhere near the triggers. Anyone else zig or zag away from those guys or is it just paranoid me? If not then maybe you all should start thinking like me. THREE persons, including a drama talent, were wounded when a security guard

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Very interesting ....... we were going to Unitop right around that time but decided to go to SM at the very last second ....... the shotguns are dangerous but I fear the M16's even more ....... thank god there isn't as many toting the M16's .......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have always worried about something like this happening while walking by one of the many guards all over the Philippines and many with their fingers on the triggers during armored car deliveries. I often zig or zag and try to get as far away from many of them that have fingers anywhere near the triggers. Anyone else zig or zag away from those guys or is it just paranoid me? If not then maybe you all should start thinking like me. THREE persons, including a drama talent, were wounded when a security guard's shotgun went off along bustling Osme

Mik
Posted
Posted

I was always taught to keep my finger outside the trigger guard unless I was about to fire the gun. Aren't these people trained? Don't they have supervisors that review safety procedures with them?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"Aren't these people trained?" :SugarwareZ-037:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

You are not alone in this Lee. I avoid the Shotgun guys as much as one can. Often they have finger inside the trigger guard while they "sweep" you with the shotgun as you pass through the doorway.

Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This time its a police officer. No gun safety training. No brains. :lol: Boy 11 hurt as cops gun goes off

• 1 year later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well guys HERE is yet another security guards shotgun that went off and this time seriously injuring 3 people, so who do we fear more, the criminals or those possibly poorly trained security guards with powerful weapons?  Three wounded as blue guard's shotgun goes off  

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

My concern is more about the basic mechanical safety of many of the firearms there. Maintenance is surely not one of the top priorities. Mix poorly maintained and constructed firearms with little to no training? Hmmm makes for a wreck waiting to happen.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Standard operating procedures: finger in trigger guard, sleeping, poorly trained, poorly equipped, overworked with less pay,under the influence or inside job. This time of the year, where children out Christmas shopping and stopping by at a typicalJollibee where these yo-yos have their "momentary lapse in judgement". How do you approach them? Sir, would you mind taking you finger off the trigger? Will you "make his day" by embarrassing him? Will the manager evenrespond or care about the safety of his customers? Or just go to another Jollibee.......yeah right?Jake