Rosegal Is A Horrible Online Shopping Site

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Rosegal sucks big time so I thought it would be a good idea to spread the word.

Due to my success with companies like Lazada, my Yvonne wanted to go online and do some shopping.  She found a hat at Rosegal that got her real excited and I was pleased to find that they offer free shipping to Philippines so I ordered and paid and got a confirmation email.

3 days later I got an email from Rosegal giving me a bunch of BS about hoops I had to jump through so I started a 'dispute' vial PayPal where I said:  Deliver or Refund.  Easy choice!

To their credit they gave a fast refund, but I would surely discourage others from going through the disappointment that will show on the face of your significant other.

AFTER we ordered, Yvonne went online to find reviews of their service.  Almost all reviews are bad.  They are correct.

Too bad the hat is not available on Lazada  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Can you explain the sort of hoops they were implementing?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Can you explain the sort of hoops they were implementing?

Yes, I will attach 3 screen shots which include their requirements and my response.  Viewers can make up their own mind if its worth jumping :-)

post-41-0-29418600-1451982335_thumb.png

post-41-0-93201300-1451982603_thumb.png

post-41-0-79967000-1451982621_thumb.png

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have seen similar but cant remember where. I think it was when booking a hotel in the Philippines but that was just using a credit card. The mistake they are making here is that if you are paying with Paypal then they shouldn't be asking but I think from what it is saying that the transaction cant be completed until you go to your paypal account and manually accept it.

Where is this company located? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have seen similar but cant remember where. I think it was when booking a hotel in the Philippines but that was just using a credit card. The mistake they are making here is that if you are paying with Paypal then they shouldn't be asking but I think from what it is saying that the transaction cant be completed until you go to your paypal account and manually accept it.

Where is this company located? 

Since the company is located on-line I did not check to see which country they ship from. It did not matter to me so long as they were willing to do it and the price was right.  Unfortunately it seems to have made an impact on the level of service.

They are indeed saying that the transaction cannot be completed until I go to paypal and manually accept it and they are wrong.  I went there and the transaction was complete, as further evidenced by the company giving a refund.

I have also had a hotel demand similar info when I payed with a credit card.  Its important to note here that Rosegal already had my cash money in hand, via paypal, and there was no credit card involved except for the fantasy in the minds of Rosegal.  It is customary in my experience that once a business has my cash they are required to ship the item.  Anything else runs contrary to the traditional way of doing business.

Its also important to note that I have dealt with at least a half dozen other online agencies since living here and have never been asked for this level of information.  This means there is potential here that this site is 'information farming' what whatever nefarious purpose one can imagine.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Identity fraud just waiting to happen. No way would I have provided that info.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
'information farming' what whatever nefarious purpose one can imagine.

Or that employee is, Had a bartender working for me that increased her tips by $500 her last night.  Didn't know for over a week when the cards started being disputed. No one was ripped, not even the debit cards,  employee caught where she moved to 700 miles away. Slick way to fiance trip dumb to leave forwarding address  

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

It would be one thing if they told you those things would be required before you actually went through with the payment.

Ironic how they take your money first and then want to make sure your not fraudulent.

I would definitely avoid them.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We bought some ladies clothes online. Pictures looked good but the quality was terrible.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I just found out about this scam checking site and run Rosegal through it.  The result was:

Low Trust Rating. This Site May Not Be Safe to Use.

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/rosegal.com

So for fun, I ran the PEF (this forum) through the scam checker and found it to be a safe site to use AND this is a valuable site :thumbsup:

• Like 3