Fuel Stabilizer

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have never noticed condensation here

Condensation is not always visible.  Here is what I mean.  When "Y" washes the sheets and hangs them outside to dry, they are often dry by sundown.  If we forget to bring them in and leave them hanging outside overnight then they are damp again.  In fact it seems like they get damp again within a couple hours of the sun going down now that its 'winter' months.  Try it and see what I mean.  Perhaps that is not condensation but it seems like it to me.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
leave them hanging outside overnight then they are damp again.

Maybe somebody is using them to wipe-wipe.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I have never noticed condensation here

Condensation is not always visible.  Here is what I mean.  When "Y" washes the sheets and hangs them outside to dry, they are often dry by sundown.  If we forget to bring them in and leave them hanging outside overnight then they are damp again.  In fact it seems like they get damp again within a couple hours of the sun going down now that its 'winter' months.  Try it and see what I mean.  Perhaps that is not condensation but it seems like it to me.

You're quite correct Dave, that would be condensation making your washing feel damp in the morning. I think it's a question of the degree of condensate. If you were to put your sheets through one of those old fashioned mangle presses you would probably get a few drops of water out for sure. The degree of condesation required to pool in the bottom of a fuel tank however, especially if it was stored in a dry place inside, I don't think would be significant enough to matter. And, if it was well ventilated, would probably evaporate quickly anyway.

Long term storage of fuel however does have adverse consequences. It's deciding which is the lesser of two evils.

Ken

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
 Diesel needs stabilizer more than gas does

I was wondering about that.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Of Course here we have a Basic Scientific fact, I guess one within the the Laws of Relativity. Condensation is pure and simple. It can happen anywhere but I suspect here in heat of the PI more than most would suspect. It is created when War Air meets Cold/Cooler Air.

So Dave's Sheets heat up in the Sun and retain the heat in the fabric then when the air is cooler the warm meeting the cooler and creates our Condensation. Same with the Car/Van/ Motorbike or whatever, Hot During the day Cool at night so we get the Condensation in the tank engine or Wherever we get hot metal. Yes it may Dissipate or evaporate but only to return Tomorrow.

I am by no means any sort of Scientist but this was something I remember from School day Physics? or was that just General Science.  :unsure:

When I was in the R.A.F Each morning a ground crew would be busy Wiping Condensation off the props of our C130 if we were to Fly before sun heat up Movable items like Flaps and Rudder were dried off.

Dew on the ground is only Condensation from Night time Activity in the nature world. So there is Plenty of Condensation around even in this hot Place we Live in, Maybe we don't always Understand the way nature gives use Life Forms and how we can moan about the bits that we don't like. Little test: put a razor Blade on a Plate in the sun, have a look about 7 pm or maybe Later, certainly next morning and I bet it will have Water on it. That's Condensation. :)

Just my Bit and of course always ready to be Corrected.

Jack :thumbsup: