Thoughts Of A Filipina Student ( Well Sent As Here Thoughts.)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:)  One of My daughters Class mates that came for Lunch Today ( they were doing a Project) sent me this as reminder of how some of the Filipino Adults ( Especially those in Authority) actually see the Philippines as against How it is.

I wonder how many here can see and agree with the Thought? post-2148-0-17104000-1452932619_thumb.jp

Just my Saturday  pre- beer Rambling with a hint of Truth attached :lol:

Jack :)

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yes Jack but they all would like that nice house,if its a house in the picture

• 3 weeks later...
manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

:)  One of My daughters Class mates that came for Lunch Today ( they were doing a Project) sent me this as reminder of how some of the Filipino Adults ( Especially those in Authority) actually see the Philippines as against How it is.

I wonder how many here can see and agree with the Thought? attachicon.gifWorth.jpg

I wonder how many here can see and agree with the Thought? attachicon.gifWorth.jpg

Dear Jack, Even after enlargement, these old eyes cannot read the script. Since this is important enough for you to take the time to post it, I would like to understand it and give it due respect. 

Please clarify if you think it worth the time and effort. Sincerely.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Dear Jack, Even after enlargement, these old eyes cannot read the script. Since this is important enough for you to take the time to post it, I would like to understand it and give it due respect. 

Please clarify if you think it worth the time and effort. Sincerely.

Did you click on the picture? on my original post. do that and it should enlarge big enough to read!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Yes Jack but they all would like that nice house,if its a house in the picture

Its on the  left, of the picture, how they would like to see it and on the right how it is, check out the street lights and electric cables.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
Did you click on the picture? on my original post. do that and it should enlarge big enough to read!

Yes. Thank you. I can read it now.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Your analytic-perceptive powers are more finely tuned than my own on this one. I think I get it... very subtle,unobvious and understated. Thanks for the cues.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here's what I got out of the picture and caption. "We tear ourselves up inside over something the world may love (My mind thinks of money)" and we base our worth on that.  The picture on the left makes me think of homes and shops where our money has value and the picture on the right makes me think of a church where our souls have value.  

And that is why art is different for each viewer.

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

What I see in the 2 pictures showing the obvious contrasts between them is how much value Filipinos place on global perception-that meaning not only in how Filipinos view their own environment, but on how much importance they place on how they would wish those foreigners would see their environment.

By that I mean, Filipinos are very defensive to critical viewpoints (I know I'm opening up a can of worms)-especially that of outsiders-especially those in the media and those Hollywood stars (ex. Alec Baldwin-mail order bride joke, Justin Bieber-Manny Paquio comment-a few others) who may cast the Filipino culture, nation, and/or people in a negative light. This outside critisizm is often met with fierce opposition (person non grata, blacklisting, and sometimes worse). I am an eternal optimist (maybe to a fault), but I believe the Philippines has what it takes to get the second picture to match the first. This has to start from the top-and it's going to take someone real special to get that train rolling.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

"We tear ourselves inside and out for something the world may love, then base our worth on that..."

The first thing that came to my mind is how the Filipino's, especially men, blow their money.  Majority of Filipino's are financially illiterate.  They don't think twice about their future and wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Lexus.  Or how a Filipino teenager would blow his entire savings to buy a new pair of NIKE shoes.  

• Like 3