Walking Around Money?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I do like the idea of P9,900 withdrawals and will probably use that tactic.

Don't think I will get a wallet though, haven't carried one in 25 years. Two reasons, hated sitting on the damn thing all the time, and a money clip in the front pocket is way harder to pick so is more secure.

Do you carry ID? 

Oh wait, maybe you are asking because I don't carry a wallet? My money clip is a credit card size leather pouch with a magnetic money clip. The pouch is big enough for the few cards I carry. Took a couple years to find it, still works great, would never guess it is over 20 yrs old.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Don't think I will get a wallet though, haven't carried one in 25 years. Two reasons, hated sitting on the damn thing all the time, and a money clip in the front pocket is way harder to pick so is more secure.

Do you carry ID?

I just carry my ACR-i card. Is there a need to carry anything else?

Ken

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
Oh wait, maybe you are asking because I don't carry a wallet? My money clip is a credit card size leather pouch with a magnetic money clip. The pouch is big enough for the few cards I carry. Took a couple years to find it, still works great, would never guess it is over 20 yrs old.

Sounds nice, could you post a picture?  Don't think I ever saw one like that.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Sounds nice, could you post a picture?  Don't think I ever saw one like that.

Finding one was much harder before Google, Ebay etc. LOL This is pretty much it http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Genuine-Plain-Leather-Cowside-Magnetic-Super-Thin-Wallet-Card-Money-Clip-/191485214391?hash=item2c95687eb7:g:VPIAAOSw1vlUukV1

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
This is pretty much it

So when you say you do not carry a wallet, what you really mean is you don't carry a fat wallet but you have a mini one that looks a bit anorexic?  :hystery:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

This is pretty much it

So when you say you do not carry a wallet, what you really mean is you don't carry a fat wallet but you have a mini one that looks a bit anorexic?  :hystery:

:lmao:  hahaha, yeah, I guess that's what I am saying  :AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 1

Ynot
Posted
Posted

When I saw this post I was assuming you were talking about how much you carried on you when walking the streets!  There seems to be plenty of good advice in regard to two wallets and withdrawing 9900 which seems like a good idea.  I must admit I withdraw the 10 or 20k but leave the bulk of it in the hotel safe, never had a problem with hotel safes.   So the most I carry is 3000 at any one time and debit card.  I like the idea of carrying identity such as a laminated copy of the passport.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I like the idea of carrying identity such as a laminated copy of the passport.

I did it at Office Depot for $2.25 or so. An official in another country wont know it isn't "official" version of your passport and you arent putting the real thing at risk.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I like the idea of carrying identity such as a laminated copy of the passport.

I did it at Office Depot for $2.25 or so. An official in another country wont know it isn't "official" version of your passport and you arent putting the real thing at risk.

When I was doing 9a's I laminated the Bio page and My latest extension date page. Back to back, here that is important.

• 3 weeks later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

I only carry Philippines Drivers Licence. UK Drivers Licence and my ACR-i Card.  For my car i only use photocopies of the originals, i have them stamped to say that a lawyer has authenticated them. If asked to provide the originals, i'll inform them that i'll take it to their local police station ( never happened though ).

Regarding the carrying of cash. I don't carry cash all too often. BDO has ATM's or in mall banks and the card doesn't get charged ( not that ive noticed ). I'll carry enough to pay my bills or fuel for my car. Other than that, coins only. I would rather know my money is safe in a bank than in my pocket waiting for a picking.