Best Time To Fly To Philippines

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

When flying internationally from Atlanta, GA (USA) to Manila, is there a cheaper day during the week to schedule flights (ie-fly out on Mondays instead of Saturdays and return on a certain day rather than another)?

Does it cost less for the flight to schedule a 2 week stay versus a 1 week stay? ( I know that I will have more costs while in Phils to stay the additional week).

I know that the fares drop pretty drastically in June, but I plan on visiting much sooner.

I would like to visit the last week of January or the first week of February for 2 weeks.

I have looked at CheapOAir and found that the fare is $1310 round trip from 1/24 to 2/7.  I plan on continuing on to Davao with a separate ticket that will cost around $108.  I will fly to Davao on 1/24 and return to Manila from Davao on 2/7 and return to US from Manila on 2/7.

Strange to me, the fares increase as I look at dates further out.  

1/31 to 2/14   $1411

2/1 to 2/15     $1397

I understand that if my stay is for less than 21 days, I will be issued a tourist visa in the Phils.  If I stay longer, I believe I can request a different visa at that time.

All comments, suggestions and advice is welcome!

Thank you everyone!

Bob P

:cheersty:

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

I usually use google flights and play around with the dates to determine best airfare prices and which dates to fly.  www.google.com/flights

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I usually fly United Airlines and book directly on their website. I found I could get a good rate on the flights I wanted by booking directly with the airline.

In your case I found a price of $1084 round trip from Atlanta to Manila for the 1/24 to 2/7 dates.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

Having flown to the Philippines many times, as well as other international destinations, I have never found much of a consistent reason for the fares. Well, I do avoid holiday times like Spring Break where the fares are generally higher.

I have used many Internet portals: Matrix, Google, Skyscanner, Cheap fare Guru.

What I will say is that once you do your research and find a good price and flight itinerary - pounce. The next day (maybe the next hour) the rate will be gone.

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

I usually fly United Airlines and book directly on their website. I found I could get a good rate on the flights I wanted by booking directly with the airline.

In your case I found a price of $1084 round trip from Atlanta to Manila for the 1/24 to 2/7 dates.

Thank you so much Earthdome!  Much appreciated!

BobP

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I understand that if my stay is for less than 21 days, I will be issued a tourist visa in the Phils.  If I stay longer, I believe I can request a different visa at that time.

They changed this a year or two ago.  It is now 30 days, not 21, before you have to leave or get an extension.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
When flying internationally from Atlanta, GA (USA) to Manila, is there a cheaper day during the week to schedule flights (ie-fly out on Mondays instead of Saturdays and return on a certain day rather than another)?

Some sites show the prices in calendar format by the week or month.

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to give you a heads up when using United's website.  The outbound leg of the trip is $1084.  The total cost is around $1660.  I went to the website and had trouble figuring it out and called United.  First, you have to choose your departing flight, then you see the return flights.  You choose your return flight and then....your grand total.

BobP

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I understand that if my stay is for less than 21 days, I will be issued a tourist visa in the Phils. If I stay longer, I believe I can request a different visa at that time.

They changed this a year or two ago. It is now 30 days, not 21, before you have to leave or get an extension.

And I add that if you want to stay over 30, extend to 59 upon arrival. Go to the office at immigration and ask before you get the 30 day stamp in your passport. ????????❤

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I strongly suggest you go to an Asian travel agency there must be a few in Atlanta. What you are looking for is a bucket shop or ticket consolidator. The agency need not be Filipiino owned or even have a Filipino employee. 

Tell the agent you will be flying to Philippines regularly perhaps once a year whatever and if they do well price wise you will continue with them.    

If you can be somewhat flexible in your dates tell the agent so. Ask to find the very lowest price or promo and you are willing to wait for one that you don't need tickets immediately. Be willing to buy and pay when a good deal comes up. Be honest in this regard.

In many cases a ticket agent can truly get the lowest price. If anything goes wrong during the trip with the flight conditions or whatever it is very helpful having a friendly knowledgeable agent on your side. 

Good luck!

• Like 2