Throw Away Ticket

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

The post I wanted to reply to was locked so I hope its ok I made a new one.

The question was what costs for a throw away ticket.

I have been watching CepuAir web site for promos. I get on every day.
On the 21st they offered a promo mania to HK for p888

I jumped right on it. It had only been available for a few hours and when I got to it, only 2 seats remained so they do go fast.

Result I got my Throw away for $19+ US

Need to be careful on their site because as you go through the purchase process they "offer" a lot of "Pre-selected" value ups. They make it daunting to turn them all off to get the fare actually down to the promo price, but I finally did.

Anyway: just keep checking the airline sites daily and jump on any promo quickly.

And it may not be obvious but remember: this ticket can be FROM ANYPLACE in the Philippines TO ANYPLACE outside PI. Has nothing to do with where you are staying in PI

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I always check Cebu Pacific, Air Asia, or Tiger Air.  They offer some some of the cheapest prices. I generally pay between $20 - $30.  You got the right idea.

Also, the last time I went to the US I bought my exit ticket for almost a year in advance.  I used the same ticket twice.  When I returned from the US and when we went to Hong Kong for my Balikbayan stamp.  :tiphat:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On the 21st they offered a promo mania to HK for p888 I jumped right on it

I thought that would be the case.  Its close to what I have always paid.  A person just has to be very patient and wait for weeks or months until a special like that comes up.  I often watch as far as 10 months before I leave the country when I know I will be needing an exit ticket way down the road.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I always check Cebu Pacific, Air Asia, or Tiger Air.  They offer some some of the cheapest prices. I generally pay between $20 - $30.  You got the right idea.

Also, the last time I went to the US I bought my exit ticket for almost a year in advance.  I used the same ticket twice. 

I also do the same. Just one word of caution, I always carry a print out of the requirements for an onward ticket to show to check-in staff that it doesn't need to be within 30 days of your arrival in Phils. It is surprising how many are prepared to deny you check-in on that assumption. It saves the hassle of calling for their supervisor to (hopefully) sort out the issue.

Ken

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Good point Ken.  Well worth the effort, as check ins can get rather anal.

Crocodile
Posted
Posted
I always carry a print out of the requirements for an onward ticket to show to check-in staff that it doesn't need to be within 30 days of your arrival in Phils.

Do you have a link to the page you have printed?

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

I always carry a print out of the requirements for an onward ticket to show to check-in staff that it doesn't need to be within 30 days of your arrival in Phils.

Yes.........https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines/entry-requirements

The evidence of onward travel section is about half way down.

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here is a link to the post JGF made some time ago where he wrote to the BI and got a written confirmation that the ticket does NOT have to be within 30 days

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/20329-onward-ticket-question/page-2#entry158132

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I'm going back to Hong Kong for Chinese New Year so I had a legit ticket today. When I come back next month I am going to buy a ticket on Expedia right before I go to the Hong Kong Airport, once through customs back in the Phils I am going to use the "free cancellation within 24 hours". Total cost = $0 (p0 at today's exchange rate).

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am going to use the "free cancellation within 24 hours".

I would be wondering how many times you could do that before Expedia decided they did not want your business.  Many of us have bought a half dozen or more throw away tickets over the years.  Would that many cancellations cause them to cancel your account with them?