Throw Away Ticket

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I am going to use the "free cancellation within 24 hours".

Would that many cancellations cause them to cancel your account with them?

Don't know if they even track it. Worst case they ban me and I need another throw away ticket strategy (in addition to the make one myself when visiting countries less vigilant in verifying authenticity) but I could still search the site if I wanted to and purchase direct etc. I guess for me it is worth that little bit of risk.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Update

My flight back to the Phils was on the evening of the 10th. Mid day I went on expedia and purchased a one way ticket to Singapore. Checked in and showed my flight with confirmation number. Arrived in Manila and after clearing customs, while waiting for my connecting flight to Duma, exercised Expedia's 24 hour cancellation policy. My credit card was charged for the Singapore flight on the 11th, and 100% credited back on the 12th.

So, had a real onward ticket with a real reservation and a real confirmation number (for 12 hours). Total cost $0.  :thumbs-up-smile:  

This just may be one of those things that Expedia provides to reduce issues and time dealing with buyer remorse. It costs them very little and keeps customers happy. For us it gives us an opportunity to save a few bucks.

Kind of like most retail stores in the USA with liberal return policies. Yes, some people abuse that policy but overall it is a win for the retailer.

• 2 weeks later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

How hard is it to cancel a ticket with Expedia? Just log onto your account and cancel? Sounds like an awesome way to get a "free entry ticket"

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

How hard is it to cancel a ticket with Expedia? Just log onto your account and cancel? Sounds like an awesome way to get a "free entry ticket"

Yup, I clicked the "Go to My Itinerary" link in the confirmation email. On the top right-hand side of the itinerary there is a link for "cancel or change reservation", from there I hit cancel. Got a "Your flight itinerary is canceled" confirmation email. Simple and easy.

• Like 1