The Loan. The Filipino And You.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You first jack, let me know how it goes.     Getting back to Oz of course makes it easier. The way it looks is that I will cover her motorcycle payment and leave her to deal with the rest. Experience might be a better teacher. Gina has come a long way in 5 years, but her tastes and needs have been refined over that time. And she's very good to the children, keeping the image she has built for them....(read, they are foreigners everywhere they go here), expected to dress well and not be deprived of anything.   You win some Jack, and you will lose on the other hand. Azon is independent, but also you are left alone, pro and con, 40 hours a week. Gina is usually around to look after my needs and kulit me at the same time.   It will be interesting though. Besides getting through the 24 months, I'm planning a car at the end, so savings on my side=she will have to manage because as soon as I'm back, school fees will kick in.

Only time and you, can see the End result of your trip But as to being "Cruel to be Kind" I had to make some very hard decisions over my 27 year military life, we have only 1 wife to contend with. On  Leaving the RAF I had over 2.500 servicemen and Wives to sort out. Many with the same Problems we are discussing here. I got Hard with a Soft Brush, All my Friends and Family (that can think Straight), know that when I say No or Alter the ways some, there is a very good reason for it. If the End results justify the needs/means, then so Be it. We can all be Too Soft and/or Too hard, Finding that happy medium takes time but you will find it, I am sure of that but when you have found it hold on to it. Live by it. Success is there

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)
I had to sit My daughter down and explain things like this, took a little while but now, she comes and asks before she buys,

When we are in Canada for 6 months, our youngest daughter (just turned 18) does the budget and nobody gets a peso from her, not even her older sister. She buys all that they need, not all that they want. She pays the bills promptly, saves all receipts, does the allowances, and never runs short on the budget. She was able to do that before I came into their life. She saved up from her allowances and some from the cash gifts at her debut to buy herself a Samsung J7. That is why I sung "I got the whole world in my hands" at her debut.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

When we were apart and K lived in the Philippines she tended to spend whatever I sent her.

Suddenly, its different - at the end of the month (eg right now!) her purse is more likely to have something in it than mine is!

But she does have a habit of buying too much food - I think this is just because the range and variety here is so good. Its very hard for her to walk past an Asian greengrocer or a market stall selling fresh fish and not buy some.

Edited by Methersgate