Increase In Air Rage

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Delta Air Lines flight.

Just reinforces why I do not fly American flagged airlines. Call me unpatriotic, but when I pay for service, I am sorry, but its all about ME. With union rules enforce, it makes it so hard to fire people, so service is affected accordingly. Where as (by my observation) Asian based airlines are able to enforce cabin personnel age limits (how many 50+ gals have you seen on KAL, Asiana or Eva air), and knowing that they can be canned at a moments notice most likely goes a long way toward polite behavior.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Delta Air Lines flight.

Just reinforces why I do not fly American flagged airlines. Call me unpatriotic, but when I pay for service, I am sorry, but its all about ME. With union rules enforce, it makes it so hard to fire people, so service is affected accordingly. Where as (by my observation) Asian based airlines are able to enforce cabin personnel age limits (how many 50+ gals have you seen on KAL, Asiana or Eva air), and knowing that they can be canned at a moments notice most likely goes a long way toward polite behavior.

I quite agree. Foreign airlines if you are on that plane for a couple hours, they feed you. American Airlines will sell you a snack. Then too, one time there was a gap between the boarding gate and the plane door and I got a look out the gap and I wanted to ask if they were sure this plane would still fly? Because it looked like it had been in a fender bender. :no:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
(how many 50+ gals have you seen on KAL, Asiana or Eva air)

Good thing that you didn't mention PAL. Domestic PAL attendants are much younger than International ones, maybe because of seniority getting the more lucrative routes. Similar on Cebu Pacific.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Good thing that you didn't mention PAL

Agreed, Asian airline of last resort.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Good thing that you didn't mention PAL

Agreed, Asian airline of last resort.

I was looking at flights a couple of days ago to get an idea of what I would have to pay on my return and so help me PAL was in the running because of their non-stop from LAX to Manila 15 hours and the price about as good as you will find anywhere $588. I wouldn't care if they served dried fish and the crew looked like prunes, as long as the plane would actually get me there. I could stick it out for 15 hours and not be stuck for a long layover in an airport that is not my destination. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
PAL was in the running

I use PAL as you don't have to change terminals in Manila. That open door shuttle bus stuck in traffic between T1 and T3, when motorcycles on the sidewalk going by the open door with 15 foreigners in the bus leaves an opportunity for crime. It is a guarantee that the driver and the conductor are not going to help you. Once we went on the inside of the terminal grounds so that felt safer.

I can see a chance for air rage as some of the Filipino or Fil-Can passengers are very rude and very demanding.