Anyone Using Pldt Fibr?

Petey
Posted
Posted

I'm currently using PLDT. Only had 1 issue with them where i lost internet for 5 days, but other than that they have been flawless. Much better than anything that was available to me back in UK.  I currently have an application pending for the 100MB for 6 months 50MB there after. Will only be P300 more per month. 

Here is an ookla reading of my speeds over the last few days/evenings so it gives a good general view.

http://i.imgur.com/LZx6WC0.png

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm currently using PLDT. Only had 1 issue with them where i lost internet for 5 days, but other than that they have been flawless. Much better than anything that was available to me back in UK.  I currently have an application pending for the 100MB for 6 months 50MB there after. Will only be P300 more per month. 

Here is an ookla reading of my speeds over the last few days/evenings so it gives a good general view.

http://i.imgur.com/LZx6WC0.png

Which plan are you currently on where you get those speeds??

Petey
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's My DSL Plan. Unlimited use ( fair use policy ) never been throttled and am considered a heavy user of Internet.

I don't have Cignal with the plan as I already had a contract with Cignal prior to joining PLDT, as the lines were yet to be installed in my area. So what I pay is for Internet only. I just checked my bill and once accepted for the 100MB promo I'll only be paying P200 more. I can live with that.

This plan allows smooth streaming to YouTube on a PS3 and an iPad at the same time, while gaming on a PC and the use of my phone hooked up onto the WiFi. 8 times out of 10 there is very little notice of buffering issues. This is my experience and I've noted the speeds at various times in the day. The lowest I've gotten is 3MB, but I was aware of maintenance going on.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Petey
  • Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

We had fibre optics installed here. Our first bill was 5890 Pesos from PDT.  It works a lot better than our old wifi . Still, not as fast as what I had back in California. No complaints so far except the cost of it. We were paying only 3450 Pesos monthly before for wifi but it was slow and unreliable.