Has Anyone Else Felt Like Doing This Besides Me

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I doubt if it shut the kid up at all,no matter what, it was not his business no matter how much it gave him the shits. A two year old is a child,some one slap him back and see if he likes it.I admit that at times some kids are a nuisance while out shopping etc but I'm sure we did things like that when we were kids too. SugarwareZ-267.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No, striking a two year old is wrong. I have at times been tempted to strike a child

brock
Posted
Posted

If he had done that to my child, my wife would have ripped his head off, What did the mother do ?, just stand and watch it happen ?.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow, I would never hit a child that young and never someone else's, but I think there is a big difference between feeling like doing something and actually doing it. I have felt like doing that myself at times but across the bottom, but of course never would and since I do not have children, I am in no way knowledgeable about how to handle them, but when I see a child carrying on and especially in a restaurant, I do wish the parents would do something to quiet them down or take them outside where they do not ruin the day for everyone else.Parents have to be very special people to listen to loud crying and screaming and not get upset by it. I give all parents a lot of credit, I never had children because I felt that I would not be a good parent for many reasons and not being able to put up with all the screaming is one of them.

Edited by Mr. Lee

til
Posted
Posted

You can't really stop a child crying anyway. You just have to get used to it. As a parent I've developed some pretty good nerves and I don't get bothered much by crying children any more. I usually smile at the parents in sympathy because I know how it feels: your helpless to stop the crying and you just know its getting on the nerve of everyone around you. Best thing you can do as a stranger is to talk to the child, sometimes they get distracted and stop crying.

Travis
Posted
Posted
You can't really stop a child crying anyway. You just have to get used to it. As a parent I've developed some pretty good nerves and I don't get bothered much by crying children any more. I usually smile at the parents in sympathy because I know how it feels: your helpless to stop the crying and you just know its getting on the nerve of everyone around you. Best thing you can do as a stranger is to talk to the child, sometimes they get distracted and stop crying.
great post with so much insight. I always try to talk to them & that often helps. my friend mr.Lee was correct in his understanding of what I meant, I would never hit a child but that does not make me not want to shut up some very spoiled children & many children in the Philippines appear to be very spoiled

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
great post with so much insight. I always try to talk to them & that often helps. my friend mr.Lee was correct in his understanding of what I meant, I would never hit a child but that does not make me not want to shut up some very spoiled children & many children in the Philippines appear to be very spoiled
That is really an issue to take up with the parents not the two year old. It was rather impolite of the mother to just walk around in the store with a screaming child. She might be used to it but many others are not. If the child was creating a major disturbance he should have just complained to the manager. Edited by tom_shor

Mik
Posted
Posted

Don't touch someone else's child. If you can't stand the noise go to another part of the store or leave. Parents are responsible for the care of their own children. The mother of the crying child could have cut short her shopping trip and taken it out to the car or gone home to attend to its needs.