What Would You Consider A Minimum Lot Size ?

Ynot
Posted
Posted

I must admit having lived in houses that exceed 200sqm which is the norm here, I find it amazing that people are content to live in 40 sqm rooms.  My preference would be for a 100sqm house or larger (budget will dictate) on a block anywhere from 300 sqm upto a 1000 sqm depending where we decide to build.  My preference is the outskirts of Cebu or a nice town nearby.  The house would have to be single story, after all we are not getting younger, so imagine trying to climb stairs when you are 80!!  If you get to that age.  I remember someone built a two story place that would exceed 115 sqm in area with a roof top terrace. I think he built it for just over 850,000 peso.  He got a bargain.  but land size would be anywhere from 300 upwards.  If not living in the city then the land would be affordable so the land size could be larger.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

1000 sqm lot is unrealistic unless it's provincial. We have a bit more but half of it in Mother in laws farm, their house, then our house maybe 300 sqm but narrow.

200 sqm = minimal...300 is above average and is good size. 500-600 is big and might be hard to find. If in VIP sub division and you invested in such a lot, it costs XXX millions plus the house. There in Silang, Cavite just down from Tagaytay, thry have such a project. House must not fall below the minimum size as Rx by the sub division, and in this case must be in Spanish motif. I thought it would cost 10 M pesos, minimum.

Depends on what you are looking for, Residential/Commercial land along main roads goes up with the economy. Provincial land stays the same unless the land is improved.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

500 sq meters, a great view , nice Neighbors, no traffic, no barking dogs, no fires, no cocks, cant seem to spell cock a ruls, no gate bell, ,

Wake up steve there is no such place on my budget

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

500 sq meters, a great view , nice Neighbors, no traffic, no barking dogs, no fires, no cocks, cant seem to spell cock a ruls, no gate bell, ,

No such place on any budget. unless you buy 20 acres and then you are in the twilight zone

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Steve, I am going to refer you to Jollys post about buying an island of your own :hystery:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, I am going to refer you to Jollys post about buying an island of your own :hystery:

Low tide right?

• Like 1