Bread Making 102

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

I first off need to apologize as my last recipe was wrong it should read 3 1/3 cups of flour and not 1 1/3 cups .... sorry to late to change it now but maybe form support can .... title was Bread Making 101 ....

This time we made cheesey jalapeño bread and it is so good it is unbelievable .... I combined 2 different recipes to make my own .... a bit surprised it actually came out great .... if you want a bigger loaf you will have to do your own configurations ..... :thumbsup:

Add ingredients in the following order ...... we also put a little hole in the mound of flour to put the yeast in to keep it from mixing with the sugar or salt to soon ...... this bread was done using the following settings .... Dark ..... 750g Size Loaf .... Add Fruit & Nuts

Water ---------------- 1 1/3 cups

Oil -------------------- 1 Tablespoon

Salt ------------------- 1 1/4 Teaspoon

Sugar ---------------- 1 Tablespoon

Flour ----------------- 3 Cups   --------------------- Changed from last recipe

Milk Powder -------- 1 1/2 Tablespoon --------- Changed from last recipe

Yeast ----------------- 1 1/4 Teaspoon ------------ Changed from last recipe

To be added during at the beeps or at the add nut and fruit dispenser time .... do not add it to the actual dispenser as the grated cheese will gum it up .... open the lid to the bread maker and sprinkle it over the dough

Cheddar cheese --- 1/2 Cup ----- Grated

Parmesan  "    ------ 1 1/2 Tablespoon 

Jalapeño ------------- 1/3 cup ---- Chopped finely

You can see some of the jalapeño in the crust and inside the bread

post-11-0-16019400-1455414328_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-26667700-1455414372_thumb.jpg 

post-11-0-06337000-1455414445_thumb.jpg

ENJOY ........ :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
maybe form support can

I made a change for you at http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/24181-bread-making-101/#entry170287 Please let me know if I screwed it up as recipes are not my thing  :hystery:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I combined 2 different recipes to make my own .... a bit surprised it actually came out great .

You are a fine bread maker. Some of my friends who are excellent cooks and pastry bakers are unable to use a bread machine. I have worn out 2 so far, the bottom seal leaks, likely from the heater, but I am able to buy some used machines at 1/2 price.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

This time we made cheesey jalapeño bread and it is so good it is unbelievable .... I combined 2 different recipes to make my own .... a bit surprised it actually came out great .... if you want a bigger loaf you will have to do your own configurations ..... :thumbsup:

Yeah Marine, I do want a bigger loaf.  Can you pinch a loaf for me?  

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

maybe form support can

I made a change for you at http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/24181-bread-making-101/#entry170287 Please let me know if I screwed it up as recipes are not my thing  :hystery:

Hey Dave thanks but please change what you crossed out to read Flour -------- 3 1/3 cups ..... again thanks for your help ....

Done - - -   DH

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yeah Marine, I do want a bigger loaf.  Can you pinch a loaf for me?  

GeeWiz Jake .... I pinched the bread several times like you would pinch a baby's cheek and even poked a hole in it for you but nothing happened .... J got pissed and called me a dirty ol' man and to keep my you know what skinners to myself ..... now see what you did .... last time I listen to you ..... :rolleyes: :hystery:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I wonder if this recipe could be made in a regular oven?

Don't see why not .... all the bread machine does is to keep you from having to nead and raise the dough by hand ..... it does that all for you and then bakes it ..... give it a try and tell us how it went .... you may have to experiment a bit but the bread should come out edible the first time .... then perfect it from there ....  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Not to mention roast chicken,and meatloaf etc.

Just for giggles try making meat-loaf in your rice cooker .... course you need one that has a removable coated liner ... tons of things you can cook in your rice-cooker ..... when you don't have an oven your rice-cooker is your best friend ..... and who doesn't have a rice cooker in the Philippines ... :dance:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
Just want to say the the LaGermania stove/oven that we bought a few years ago is my favorite possession living here

I will second that Queenie.  When we built the outside kitchen we also bought a LaGermania.  Ours has 3 gas burners, 1 electric burner, and the oven is electric.  The electric burner comes in handy when you run out of cooking gas and need to finish cooking a meal.  

• Like 1