You Have To Keep Your Guard Up!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Warning!  This video is hard to watch and a motorcyclist probably died.  It is not gory but really scary.

I'm only posting it to remind everyone who drives here that you have to keep your eyes wide open and your guard up at all times.  Expect the idiots to be on the road at all times.

The idiot in the car passes in a no passing zone, on a bridge and on a curve.  How f**king stupid are you!  The motorcyclist probably contributed to his death (one version of the video said he survived but I doubt it) by speeding and not giving himself an out.

I just drove this road a few weeks ago and I will be reminded of this every time I go to Baguio.

http://www.myvidster.com/video/58641074/LiveLeakcom_-_Head_on_collition_motorbike_and_a_car_volume

• Like 4

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

In the US, the driver of car would most likely be charged with negligent homicide.  Not sure what justice there would be in Philippines for rider or his family.  I can only imagine if the rider were foreigner like me, PNP would find rider at fault and surviving family forced to pay restitution.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Sad to say I got used to seeing people to whom 30 seconds of their time was more valuable than the public's safety. I had ridden a motorcycle in rural Mindoro and would have no problem doing it again but not Dumaguete and surrounds. I changed my mind about riding a motorcycle last year and decided to go with 4 wheels. Yes it did take me an hour once to go 10 kilometers but I arrived safely.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I could not  bring myself to put a 'like/\' on the post, as it did not seem appropriate, how bloody stupid can a driver be.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Warning!  This video is hard to watch and a motorcyclist probably died.  It is not gory but really scary.

I'm only posting it to remind everyone who drives here that you have to keep your eyes wide open and your guard up at all times.  Expect the idiots to be on the road at all times.

The idiot in the car passes in a no passing zone, on a bridge and on a curve.  How f**king stupid are you!  The motorcyclist probably contributed to his death (one version of the video said he survived but I doubt it) by speeding and not giving himself an out.

I just drove this road a few weeks ago and I will be reminded of this every time I go to Baguio.

http://www.myvidster.com/video/58641074/LiveLeakcom_-_Head_on_collition_motorbike_and_a_car_volume

He actually did survive as they showed him on the news last night in a hospital bed talking to news reporters (ABS_CBN).... they said his helmet saved him ....

• Like 4

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sad to say, but a bunch of Filipino drivers are like that. bunch of id**t, st***d drivers who are very reckless and act like the king of the road.

Edited by frozenmystic28
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The driver with the cam must have been going very slow to be able to stop and not run over the motorcyclist laying on the road.

Guy in that van was such an idiot passing on the curve of a bridge where there is no shoulder.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

The driver with the cam must have been going very slow to be able to stop and not run over the motorcyclist laying on the road.

Guy in that van was such an idiot passing on the curve of a bridge where there is no shoulder.

The driver with the cam might have already been slowing to make it easier for the idiot to pass him, or so he could maintain safe stopping distance once the idiot came back in to his lane.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
The driver with the cam might have already been slowing to make it easier for the idiot to pass him

OR, he could have already been going that slow, which frustrated the hell out of the guy who passed him and caused the guy behind him to exercise poor judgement in thinking he could quickly pass that slow moving a**h*le.  Come on, lets not all pretend we have not passed an extremely slow moving vehicle in less than perfect conditions.

This is not to take away from the guilt of the one who is passing, but I hate to see the slow moving farmer (if that was the case) get off scott free and go on to give another following motorist more road rage in a future scenario.  Nothing wrong with people who travel too slow, but they should pull over and let faster traffic ease by them at the first safe spot.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

The driver with the cam might have already been slowing to make it easier for the idiot to pass him

OR, he could have already been going that slow, which frustrated the hell out of the guy who passed him and caused the guy behind him to exercise poor judgement in thinking he could quickly pass that slow moving a**h*le.  Come on, lets not all pretend we have not passed an extremely slow moving vehicle in less than perfect conditions.

This is not to take away from the guilt of the one who is passing, but I hate to see the slow moving farmer (if that was the case) get off scott free and go on to give another following motorist more road rage in a future scenario.  Nothing wrong with people who travel too slow, but they should pull over and let faster traffic ease by them at the first safe spot.

Looks like the tanker truck was the slow vehicle, the cam car seems to be keeping pace maintaining a safe following distance which the passing vehicle decided was an invitation.

• Like 5