How Do Your Pinoy/pinay Friends Use Facebook?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Other than the fact that my Facebook page has degnerated into political propaganda, ads, and general garbage what do you get from your expat and Pinoy friends these days?

I get a few bits of ther lives after immigrating and selfies. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I get scads of pics from my "selfie queen" girlfriend who pouts if I don't 'like' each and every one of them.

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I get scads of pics from my "selfie queen" girlfriend who pouts if I don't 'like' each and every one of them.

I know how ya feel, Dave. My wife's family has their own group page and if I'm not liking all 86 baby pics and cook outs, it feels like I'm the anti social foreigner. Great folks-my wife's family, but when they say "that's for the like Steve"...it's like they are looking for me to respond.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Luckily my wife is not into selfies but some of her family are over the top.  

My wife has an older widowed cousin who goes to to Burnham Park in Baguio almost every morning to do Tae Bo.  Then she and her friends spend a lot of time posting selfies.  Everyday!  The same shots, posing in their workout clothes (nothing to get excited about!).  Everyday!  Did I mention that they do this everyday!  To her credit, she has lost a lot of weight doing the Tae Bo, but taking and posting multiple selfies every damn morning!  Get over it!  We no longer like or comment on her selfies.

My wife likes to look at what her old classmates are doing and posts a few pictures of our kids.  She also likes cooking and crafting pages.  

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Two very different things:

Family - food pictures etc.

My own circle of Pinoy friends - reasonably high level conversation on current affairs.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I get 24 hours a day , seven days a week of crap

• Like 4

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

The wifes facebook page is mostly from her family and friends and I have to delete all the junk and ads for her.

my own facebook is just to keep in touch with my son and daughter back in the uk and a few ex workmates.

Judging by everyday chat I think facebook is like the lifes blood to Filipinos !

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

You don't want to know.  :no:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

I will selectively delete those who waste my time. I exchange messages and updates with a few friends, maybe saving them from loading there phones?

Most of the junk is from a few American an ex pat friends who post political commentary. Mostly anti Obama, anti Hilary and pro Trump. I never open such junk.

i don't mind chatting to keep open communication with a few friends, my kids and some relatives.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I used the 'delete' key many years ago and have not been back since.

• Like 2