How Do Your Pinoy/pinay Friends Use Facebook?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My wife has her Facebook account where she communicates with her friends and former employees. 

My family has their Facebook account of which I do not participate.  It's mostly kids and females who enjoy posting comments and pics. 

I keep in touch with my friends and relatives back home by email. 

• Like 1

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I have 3 pinoy nephews that "Like" just about every pretty pinay on Facebook. Kind of a pain, but not all bad either!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This was a Post I did on mine a few days ago. Those that know me check it out  :thumbsup:

I wonder some days What we Would all do if FB collapsed 
I guess we would have to start talking to each other again and maybe do some Home Visits,
Just saying. **

post-2148-0-62094600-1456020756_thumb.jp  :lol:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use 'Facebook Purity' to manage my FB content. It is a browser addon and you can tell it what to show and not show. The 'so and so liked a post' is easy to block. I use filters also so no sports or god talk (pro or con ha ha) shows up on my Newsfeed.  Makes for a much more pleasant FB experience.

There are some I had to unfollow - the locals post too many gory f*ed up pics for some reason, and expats post some extremist political views (both sides).  I stay 'friends' with them but unfollow them if they are a bother.

Mostly I use it to keep up with old friends and family. I have a lot of high school and Navy friends I like to talk to.  I do enjoy a few of the expat Groups.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

This is live,

This morning watching Andrew Marr show, and its all about whether we pull out of Europe and i am trying to listen to it and Ems it trying to show me a stupid cat on facebook that a friend has sent her,

That went down well, but i did watch the rest of the show buy myself :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This is live,

This morning watching Andrew Marr show, and its all about whether we pull out of Europe and i am trying to listen to it and Ems it trying to show me a stupid cat on facebook that a friend has sent her,

That went down well, but i did watch the rest of the show buy myself :thumbsup:

:hystery:

• 2 weeks later...
ManilaBae
Posted
Posted (edited)

What I find odd and hilarious is when ex-classmates from yesteryear's would call each other 'Classmate' on facebook. Ive seen posts along the lines of 'Happy Birthday Classmate!' or ' Hey Classmate, you're looking good and healthy' etc...

This demonstrates, at least to me, the clannish ways of the Filipinos, and how protective they are be of their circles.

Edited by ManilaBae

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

I have set my settings to unfollow all the people who post rubbish, so you do not see any post from your contacts you unfollow. So just leave alone the people you wish to see posts from. You can go to all the people page and look at what they post if you like. So you do not upset them by deleting them, as i found out some get upset when you delete, even though you never interact with them on FB. 

• Like 4

ManilaBae
Posted
Posted

I have set my settings to unfollow all the people who post rubbish, so you do not see any post from your contacts you unfollow. So just leave alone the people you wish to see posts from. You can go to all the people page and look at what they post if you like. So you do not upset them by deleting them, as i found out some get upset when you delete, even though you never interact with them on FB. 

Good strategy. The flipside of a Filipino's seeming "good naturedness" is their view of you as an enemy for life if you displease them. 

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the excellent suggestion. DIdn't use it right now, but very good to know a tactful way to delete the overdoses of OPLs (Other People's Lives).

What it did lead me to discover and use though, was how to delete all the political and business ads, et al, that were continually cluttering my FB page.   They, I assume, make it very user UNFRIENDLY and almost obscure on how to do it. You have to click on the item line, then the 'X" and all that appears is an 'undo' sign. I did that to all and hope it cleans up the cr*p.

• Like 1