Is There Any Sort Of A 'book Culture' Here In The Pi?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
When I was in the Navy many bases had a 'take a book/leave a book' area.

I know of at least one retired navy man who keeps that up at his beach resort.  It works great because most of the filipinos aren't interested in those book so its just expats in the area or expats who overnight there who exchange books.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I wanted to set one up for the school aged kids here... but everyone says it would not work... I wonder, though.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I wanted to set one up for the school aged kids here... but everyone says it would not work... I wonder, though.ood 

Nothing ventured.......   If its in your heart, give it a try. All you can lose is the cost of the books. The time and energy will produce some positve results even if it fails, logistically and financially.  Either way, it will educate you in one form or another and give you some good insights.

Wholesale book lots used to be available on EBay on the USA west coast. If you shipped balikbayan box it might prove expensive, but you'd have a good stock.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The BB boxes have no weight limit so books would be no problem... just heavy ha ha

I have a few people in the US that showed interest in sending books already - so I am considering giving it shot.  Like you said no real loss (as long as the books are cheap) :tiphat:

• Like 2