English Shops Catering To Expats

chateauneuf
Posted
Posted

Are there any English expat shops in Manila or anywhere else in the Philippines ?

I'm partial to a few key ingredients:

Cadbury's chocolate

Scottish Shortbread

Cheddar Cheese

Horseradish

Mini Eggs

Gas
Posted
Posted

Union Jack Tavern in Alabang. A bit pricey,but you should be able to find all of the above. They also have a fairly good menu and imported beers.

https://www.facebook.com/Union-Jack-Tavern-211064230737/

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

You can get Cadburys chocolate in the mall. I have not seen English Cheddar but I have bought Irish when available. Never seen your other requests but then I do live in the back of beyond in Mindanao. I'm sure you will have more luck in Manila and other more metropolitan places. Good luck!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Manila and Cebu have Marks and Spencers.  The one in Makati, Manila has MUCH more selection than the one in Cebu. 

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

hi there Bob here from Southampton, as gas said the Union Jack Tavern in Alabang will have most of what you need but at a high price !

And there " Fish and chips " is cream dory fish !

M&S in Manila also in the UK I loved their pork Pies and their Chicken in gravy pies.

you can get chunky Cod and Haddock last time I was there it was 999 php a box which =14 pounds  ! needless to say I did not buy !!

As for Cadburys chocolate I used to love it but since the taste has changed I no longer buy it.

I now buy Take it four fingers ( 25pesos) against 4 finger Kitkat (45 pesos )

And I buy Goya chocolate bars !! 

If you love Coffee then try Kopico as in my experience Nestle coffee is most milk and sugar unless you buy their nestle gold !

Robinson sell Scottish Shortbread, and as for English Chedder no luck so far !

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I envy all the imported food choices that you folks in Manila must have, although Cebu has quite a few choices.

I'm always enjoying the "thrill of the hunt" in my search for new items. Rustan's Supermarket in Cebu has a great variety of imported American, British and Australian foods. The new fancy Robinson's Supermarket in the Galleria, has some great choices too, S & R has a lot of great cheese, but I think that on the whole the other markets that I mentioned have more gourmet type items.

Good luck in your searches--sooner or later whatever you're looking for will be found:) It's amazing what makes it here!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
It's amazing what makes it here!

How right you are and the most peculiar Places

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Down here in Iloilo we have a pretty slim selection - we have to go to Boracay for any good options. Station 2 has a nice European deli with lots of goodies... expensive, but they are the only shop around.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Are there any English expat shops in Manila or anywhere else in the Philippines ?

I'm partial to a few key ingredients:

Cadbury's chocolate

Scottish Shortbread

Cheddar Cheese

Horseradish

Mini Eggs

Manila is a pretty big place so it depends on how far you wish to travel to find things. You can get cheese and other stuff that might tickle your fancy HERE but if you had to battle 3 hours stuck in traffic then better make a day of it.  :thumbsup:

What on earth are mini eggs? You can get a whole meal in one with some of the eggs in the Philippines.  :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What on earth are mini eggs?

I am about to link to a very old article.  It will explain what mini eggs are and tell where they used to be available 7 years ago.  Perhaps they still are:

http://www.philstar.com/sunday-life/456350/easter-pleasers-cadbury