Google Chrome Complaint

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have used Google Chrome as my browser of choice for years now and lately I have a complaint.  I will usually open 5 or 6 tabs so that they can all load up while I am reading the first page.  Lately that is not working.  They do not start loading up until I click on that tab at the top of the screen.  Kinda defeats the purpose of pre-selecting those tabs to get them started loading.

Is there a setting to fix this?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have used Google Chrome as my browser of choice for years now and lately I have a complaint.  I will usually open 5 or 6 tabs so that they can all load up while I am reading the first page.  Lately that is not working.  They do not start loading up until I click on that tab at the top of the screen.  Kinda defeats the purpose of pre-selecting those tabs to get them started loading.

Are you sure this is not just a connection Problem Dave? some days I have the same. Try it Early say 6 am when the brats are still Sleeping or Sweeping the yards, with the Kids on School holiday I tend to think we are in for some slower than Norm Connections, if that is possible.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking there is something wrong your end and as Jack said it might be your connection speed. I use chrome and any tab loads. Another problem your computer might be low on memory (RAM).

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not the connection as I have a decent ISP and the pages do not even start to load until I click on the tabs and they stop loading as soon as I click to another tab.  Its a setting somewhere, although the RAM thing might be a possibility.  How do I check that?

Note. All the tabs I started USED TO load.  Its only the last couple of weeks that this delayed download started

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its not the connection as I have a decent ISP and the pages do not even start to load until I click on the tabs and they stop loading as soon as I click to another tab.  Its a setting somewhere, although the RAM thing might be a possibility.  How do I check that?

Note. All the tabs I started USED TO load.  Its only the last couple of weeks that this delayed download started

To check your memory you would click on the windows icon or start, type in ram, it will show you a couple of test to run. Can't remember what it says but runs a test and restarts the computer. It's probably not that as I think window would give you a notification if memory is low. The next thing is, have you checked that some unknown extension has attached itself? Also have you checked you have the latest version of chrome?  Go to chrome settings and click on "about".

Do you run ccleaner? 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you run ccleaner?

That may be worth a try . .  and I suppose I could Google for the answer but I thought everyone was getting this same problem.  Seems not. :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

it would be a good idea to use  Auslogics boostspeed or similar to keep your pc in tip top condition and get rid of all the junk that downloads from webpages !

if you use a program such as recuva and tell it to look for jpeg images you will be amazed how many photos your pc has stored on it !

and remember as well when you delete anything it is still on your hard drive ! just not shown !!

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I know Google Chrome sent me a notification it will no longer support Windows Vista, but I'm not sure if they will include other older windows versions as well.

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We are living in Central Luzon and experiencing the same problem as well. I'm no expert but I would say it's caused by the internet in the Philippines over all. My understanding is hat PLDT owns all the bandwidth in the country and sells it to other providers.

So either PLDT has finally sold too much band width and no longer able to keep up the service or another problem of some type. Wish they would get their butts in gear and get stuff fixed. Just another one of those "Only In The Philippines" things I would guess.

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

if you are using any of PLDT services ESPEC home dsl AlWAYS leave the router on ! this comes from our local PLDT ( EXCED ) Engineer

as apparently if you turn off your router it can take 12 hours or more to establish s good connection ! 

so leaving it on will help also once a week at least use the CMD promt and Ping www.pldt.com do this 2-3 times .

This apparently does something to the pldt system ( the engineer says wakes it up ! ) and your speed will become constant again

• Like 1