History is Written by the Rich and Influential

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Well it must be true, there is a big statue of Lapu x2 on the very site (near all those sourvenir shops) where all this occurred I have seen it with my own eyes and now you are telling me it has been misrepresented I am shocked :89:. Could never happen in the P.I could it.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Well it must be true, there is a big statue of Lapu x2 on the very site

:89: Reminds me of the Statue of King Harold in Hastings UK. Erected  to celebrate the "Battle of Hastings yet, the Battle was Fought some 25 miles away in the now Village of "Battle" You just have to sort the Wheat from the Chaff. But then 1066 was a long time ago ....................:cool:

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Reminds me of the Statue of King Harold in Hastings UK. Erected  to celebrate the "Battle of Hastings yet, the Battle was Fought some 25 miles away in the now Village of "Battle" You just have to sort the Wheat from the Chaff. But then 1066 was a long time ago ....................:cool:

Thanks Jack, you just bought back some happy memories for me, only thing I could ever remember in history class was 1066, was lucky enough on a visit to England to actually go and see where the battle took place, was a wonderful day.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A little off Topic but just to Show how things can be overwritten. 20 Miles approx from Hastings Lays the Battle Site Preserved. 

battle-abbey-battlefield-aerial.jpg But again there are many that say it was further south or was that West Hmmmmmmmmmmm:89:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

Well it must be true, there is a big statue of Lapu x2 on the very site (near all those sourvenir shops) where all this occurred I have seen it with my own eyes and now you are telling me it has been misrepresented I am shocked :89:. Could never happen in the P.I could it.

If it`s in colour then it is true.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
canadamale
Posted
Posted

if it was on facebook THEN it is true

DavidK
Posted
Posted

History is hardly likely to be written by the poor and ignorant is it now. :smile:

• Like 3