"Personal" progress?????

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Going to throw this one out there and see if it rings true with others:

Last week my wife had a party at our home for her "workmates", ladies she worked with 20 years ago. We rented a couple of tables and a bunch of chairs from a local guy. He delivered the stuff a couple of days before the party (which was Friday) and here it is 3 days later the stuff is still here waiting to be picked up. I "know" he is just leaving them here (free storage? Saves gas and time? Just plain lazy? Doesn't give a good g*d d**m?) until he has to deliver them to his next rental.

Now in my first year here I would have tipped my cap to this guys ingenuity. During my second and third year here I probably would have been raging "The NERVE OF THIS S.O.B., leaving his s**t in my yard!!!! Now in my fourth year I find my self just shrugging my shoulders and saying "WHAT EVER" :bonk:.

I don't know if this is a indication of personal growth? Or the Philippines has finally broken me to its will :hystery::Caught:

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

Going to throw this one out there and see if it rings true with others:

Last week my wife had a party at our home for her "workmates", ladies she worked with 20 years ago. We rented a couple of tables and a bunch of chairs from a local guy. He delivered the stuff a couple of days before the party (which was Friday) and here it is 3 days later the stuff is still here waiting to be picked up. I "know" he is just leaving them here (free storage? Saves gas and time? Just plain lazy? Doesn't give a good g*d d**m?) until he has to deliver them to his next rental.

Now in my first year here I would have tipped my cap to this guys ingenuity. During my second and third year here I probably would have been raging "The NERVE OF THIS S.O.B., leaving his s**t in my yard!!!! Now in my fourth year I find my self just shrugging my shoulders and saying "WHAT EVER" :bonk:.

I don't know if this is a indication of personal growth? Or the Philippines has finally broken me to its will :hystery::Caught:

I think the latter.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yard sale?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, robert k said:

Have you tried texting him that the truck just left, and thanking him for sending a truck to come get them?

7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Yard sale?

Great Ideas.....:thumbsup:............My neighbor did have some guests last night and I let him borrow a couple of chairs :hystery:

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Personally I think that after a while we get used to it and see no reason to bang our heads against a brick wall.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Personally I think that after a while we get used to it and see no reason to bang our heads against a brick wall.

Yes, takes time, but I am trying to relax about things I can't change.

However, for those of you still struggling, I have some small brick walls at our new house that will need to be removed.  I can pay you a few pesos to bang your head on them.  Kills two birds with one brick, right?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, takes time, but I am trying to relax about things I can't change.

Hmmm how true but when each day Brings this good morning world.jpg Sometimes   I sit and Wonder about this Relaxing thing 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You got to just go with the flow...

Look at the bright side -  now you have free use of some tables & chairs, until he shows up.       :tiphat:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

now you have free use of some tables & chairs, until he shows up

But what if someone walks off with a table and chairs.  Who do you think will get the bill for the missing stuff.  Or better yet, when the guy shows up and claims that you rented them for the week and here is the bill, is that the kind of stress we want?  Whether you pay the guy or argue with him its stress.

My experience, here in our subdivision, is that the table and chairs etc get dropped off a couple hours before the event and picked up later that night.  Main reason is that no one has personal yard space so all parties are in the street blocking off all traffic.

• Like 1