"Personal" progress?????

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

Going to throw this one out there and see if it rings true with others:

Last week my wife had a party at our home for her "workmates", ladies she worked with 20 years ago. We rented a couple of tables and a bunch of chairs from a local guy. He delivered the stuff a couple of days before the party (which was Friday) and here it is 3 days later the stuff is still here waiting to be picked up. I "know" he is just leaving them here (free storage? Saves gas and time? Just plain lazy? Doesn't give a good g*d d**m?) until he has to deliver them to his next rental.

Now in my first year here I would have tipped my cap to this guys ingenuity. During my second and third year here I probably would have been raging "The NERVE OF THIS S.O.B., leaving his s**t in my yard!!!! Now in my fourth year I find my self just shrugging my shoulders and saying "WHAT EVER" :bonk:.

I don't know if this is a indication of personal growth? Or the Philippines has finally broken me to its will :hystery::Caught:

write him a bill for storage costs he wont do it again ! my wife did just that after a funeral we used the same guy again and he was waiting early the next day to collect his stuff !

• Like 5