Does your Filipina use skin whitener?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I know this is kinda personal but just wondered since mine does. She doesn't really need it because she has a naturally tan complexion. When she goes to the beach and wears a t-shirt over her bra, she gets a tan on her exposed arms and face. She uses sun screen but she likes to be out in the water a lot. 

If she only knew that many women here in California have tans much darker than her natural one. Those who do not will spend money in a tanning salon. 

My sons and I all have deep tans year around. Mine faded while I was away but working on it again. 

I really do not know if they sell skin whitener here in So Cal. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

They sell skin whitener in the PI's.  They sell spray tan in  CA :tiphat:

My wife uses skin whitener. I used to tell her to quit wasting money on it... but I quit wasting my time...

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

I really do not know if they sell skin whitener here in So Cal. 

Try your local Seafood city, very large Filipino supermarket there in california

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Even I use skin whitener and body scrubs here, and stay out of the direct sun as much as possible. Go figure:)

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

She doesn't buy skin whiteners, but You dont even need to buy the skin whiteners as most skin products have whitener added. Most roll-on deodorants, sun blocks etc..

Hard to work on that tan here for me :D. Most i get is a nice even coating of bright red burnt skin.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, scott h said:

Try your local Seafood city, very large Filipino supermarket there in california

Not one near here but there's a Goldilocks that might have some. Lots of Filipinos here now. 

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Is there a Filipina that doesn't use skin-whitening? Or one that believes us when we tell her that she is a lovely colour and doesn't need to whiten her skin? As Tim said you might as well save your breath, she's going to keep on buying and using it regardless.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2016 at 9:29 AM, scott h said:

Sorry, sidetracking a bit :smile:

I was interested to see where Seafood City was now so I went to their website:

http://www.seafoodcity.com/store-locations/

Note that many have a Red Ribbon or Chow King attached!

What is strange is the the one I used to go to in Nor Cal is not listed.  I think it was in Foster City or San Mateo.  It was old so maybe it closed or moved.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2016 at 9:14 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

They sell skin whitener in the PI's.  They sell spray tan in  CA :tiphat:

My wife uses skin whitener. I used to tell her to quit wasting money on it... but I quit wasting my time...

Yeh gotta save you rbreath

• Like 1