Does your Filipina use skin whitener?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, DavidK said:

Is there a Filipina that doesn't use skin-whitening? Or one that believes us when we tell her that she is a lovely colour and doesn't need to whiten her skin? As Tim said you might as well save your breath, she's going to keep on buying and using it regardless.

Had a white woman before let them use whitener cheaper than a flight to the costas

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

My wife uses it too... I tell her part of the reason I seeked out a filipina was because of their beautiful skin color. I personally like darker skin Filipinas. IMOPO 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

On my side of things, she does not even use cosmetics of the common kind, all natural.

In South Africa there was a heated debate about this, and my thought was "I go for a tan, what's the difference?"

I am not confident that those products are good for you, but that's a different topic.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
On 2 May 2016 at 10:15 AM, DavidK said:

Is there a Filipina that doesn't use skin-whitening? Or one that believes us when we tell her that she is a lovely colour and doesn't need to whiten her skin? As Tim said you might as well save your breath, she's going to keep on buying and using it regardless.

Yes. K is happy to get a shade or two browner, here in the UK.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Methersgate said:

Yes. K is happy to get a shade or two browner, here in the UK.

image.jpeg

Haha, that picture need framing :smile:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MikeSwede said:

Haha, that picture need framing :smile:

It was last Sunday; we'd taken the dinghy down to the pub at Pin Mill; it was high tide... I took that picture when Iimage.jpegwas standing in the boat, alongside the pub railings at the top of the hard, with a pint of beer in the other hand - I then passed the camera to K and she snapped me... She had taken her buoyancy aid off when she went into the pub to get the beers...Krian kept his on and Charles kept out of shot!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Judy and I have never used any skin whiteners.  We don't use any umbrellas or over sized T shirts whenever we hit the beach.  Judy's tan lines (2 piece bikini) is pretty sexy to begin with.  I don't have any tan lines -- I'm just chocolate dark all over....he, he.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 4/29/2016 at 6:32 AM, Gratefuled said:

I know this is kinda personal but just wondered since mine does. She doesn't really need it because she has a naturally tan complexion. When she goes to the beach and wears a t-shirt over her bra, she gets a tan on her exposed arms and face. She uses sun screen but she likes to be out in the water a lot. 

If she only knew that many women here in California have tans much darker than her natural one. Those who do not will spend money in a tanning salon. 

My sons and I all have deep tans year around. Mine faded while I was away but working on it again. 

I really do not know if they sell skin whitener here in So Cal. 

It is an world phenominum, white people are trying to get black and black people are trying to get white (or shades thereof).  My SO is in thenon user section thank goodness, it is such marketing bolocks.

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Methersgate said:

It was last Sunday; we'd taken the dinghy down to the pub at Pin Mill; it was high tide... I took that picture when Iimage.jpegwas standing in the boat, alongside the pub railings at the top of the hard, with a pint of beer in the other hand - I then passed the camera to K and she snapped me... She had taken her buoyancy aid off when she went into the pub to get the beers...Krian kept his on and Charles kept out of shot!

And a picture say more than a thousand words? It did not say any of all that. Now I got that need of go fishing again :thumbsup:

• Like 1

luke
Posted
Posted

Opposite attracts. No difference with 100 years ago where the royals and upper class would do anything to stay white. Dark skin was for the laborers working the land.

And it is not limited to women. Even young men want to be white. It is a status think. I worked with Filipino techs on a project involving telecom cabinets along the streets of Metro Manila. Working in today's hot outdoors is not a pleasant job. One on the Techs said, "I need a promotion so I can stay indoors, because I'm getting BLACK". 

• Like 3