Pets and Renting in Cecu

markpa
Posted
Posted

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):  am looking around  and I don't see   any place's that accept a dog. Mine's a whole 17 pounds and 8 year's old. Should I ask if they do. what is the general feeling  about Americans and their Pet's? I gladly offer a paid monthly fee for her. And no they t eat her. Ha ha. Thanks.Mark I was thinking maybe gated communities or Walled subdivisions might??

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Any place I have rented 'accepts' dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, lizards, cockroaches and whatever else you got.  They don't like it but no one has ever kicked out anyone I know for having a pet.

If I was looking to rent I would not even mention the dog until you were already living there and bring him in like he belonged, but thats just me.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Not meny people care as long as you pay the rent and dont trash the house/apartment.

How do you plan on bringing him? Do cruise ships accept 4 legged passengers?

markpa
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Not meny people care as long as you pay the rent and dont trash the house/apartment.

How do you plan on bringing him? Do cruise ships accept 4 legged passengers?

:shades:  Ok,i was just thinking about some management company in a subdivision having a fit. Now bring her, oh brother, with y inter ear problem my doc said I maybe I should take those disposable o2 tanks since the only safge way to her her and I there is now flying. Cruise Lear Ships do not allow pets any more. The only g grace I have right now,is Delta Air with their Lear Private Jets. Its going to cost a mint. I can have her  with me while we fly. No death trip commercial flights or putting her to sleep the trip. Oh you know how people are about their pets. But she's all I got. Thanks.Mark

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Any place I have rented 'accepts' dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, lizards, cockroaches and whatever else you got.  They don't like it but no one has ever kicked out anyone I know for having a pet.

If I was looking to rent I would not even mention the dog until you were already living there and bring him in like he belonged, but thats just me.

:thumbsup: Good idea ,and I plan on having a signed lease before I there, Then I can say. oh the you  didn't ask me about a pet but got one.Mark

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There's more to it than just put a pet on a flight. There are procedures and permits to bring a pet into the county. 

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Pulutan dog

chris49
Posted
Posted

Wow, I mean really wow.

Mark, it will cost you more, in your case dramatically more to live in the Philippines, than it would to live in the USA. And that's notwithstanding on going medical care for your Lymphatic Fistula.

I did ask you previously, but can't find the post now. What is your actual reason for coming to live in the Philippines?

Wouldn't Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatamala (all reachable by bus or combination bus/boat), all be more practical?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are procedures and permits to bring a pet into the county. 

Mark, we did bring our cat with us from the states. I posted a topic about it a few years ago. If you cant find it let me know. But as Jolly says there are certain procedures to follow. Be prepared to visit your closest Philippine consulate for the paperwork (San Francisco I think in your case) a couple of times as well as veterinary certificates etc. etc. etc.

We took our cat with us in the cabin on Korean Air just an FYI. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am not sure that I support Dave;s suggestion about just lobbing with the dog!  I know if I was the landlord, you wuld be telling your story walking.  There must be respect for both owner's property and renter's rights and in my view doing such a thing, only puts you offside with the landlord from day one.

JGF and others have given you good advice about the procedure of binging a dog to Philippines (or indeed any other country outside USA.  Ask Johnny Depp and his wife who did it in Australia!