Pets and Renting in Cecu

DavidK
Posted
Posted

On the list of occupants just put the name and annotate it as "Maid". You'll then be able to put it in a minimally ventilated room with no window half the size of the dog and no one will be any the wiser or the least bit interested. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There's more to it than just put a pet on a flight. There are procedures and permits to bring a pet into the county. 

:571b119686cf7_1(72): Good news Jolly, Delta has that all covered give me any paperwork I need have the vet fill out fill his stuff and I should be ok. At least this isn't something anyone can do.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I am not sure that I support Dave;s suggestion about just lobbing with the dog!  I know if I was the landlord, you wuld be telling your story walking.  There must be respect for both owner's property and renter's rights and in my view doing such a thing, only puts you offside with the landlord from day one.

JGF and others have given you good advice about the procedure of binging a dog to Philippines (or indeed any other country outside USA.  Ask Johnny Depp and his wife who did it in Australia!

:cool: I totally agree with you. If they would allow me, I won't mind paying an extra fee. hey they do it here the states. y I have a small dog,land lords like that and I cleanup after my pet. Besids i'm just to honest, Thanks.Mark

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Most of the dogs I have seen (except for the strays which just come and go when they please) are kept in cages here, very rarely will you see them being walked by the owners. In the last sub div I was in I asked the owner was it ok to have a dog inside the house and she said no problems and at least there the owners  that did walk their dogs cleaned up after them, sadly lacking in this sub div. The owner here cannot complain as it was her husband that gave us the dog last year.

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, DavidK said:

On the list of occupants just put the name and annotate it as "Maid". You'll then be able to put it in a minimally ventilated room with no window half the size of the dog and no one will be any the wiser or the least bit interested. :thumbsup: 

:thumbsup: Dave your funny. But when they see me stepout of a cab with a dog carrier the jig is up. Oh if you come by my front door and being a little dog, she'll be barking. You know how little dogs are. Ha then i will be homeless.and the  too. No I better start things out right in my new country. Thanks.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Most of the dogs I have seen (except for the strays which just come and go when they please) are kept in cages here, very rarely will you see them being walked by the owners. In the last sub div I was in I asked the owner was it ok to have a dog inside the house and she said no problems and at least there the owners  that did walk their dogs cleaned up after them, sadly lacking in this sub div. The owner here cannot complain as it was her husband that gave us the dog last year.

:thumbsup: Chris, I walk my dog  3 to 4 times a day every day, and buddy its not any fun the dead of winter here in Reno.I clean up after my pet. here if your caught $100 first time, $200 the second time,and out the the door the 3rd time. Thanks.Mark

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, markpa said:

:thumbsup: Chris, I walk my dog  3 to 4 times a day every day, and buddy its not any fun the dead of winter here in Reno.I clean up after my pet. here if your caught $100 first time, $200 the second time,and out the the door the 3rd time. Thanks.Mark

I think you will find the weather here to be more agreeable, having said that there is no way you would be walking the dog around midday/ early afternoon. I take our dog around 6am and again just before sunset, best times of the day for walking and it still is hot. I always take a plastic bag to clean up after my dog, the locals here watch me and think I am some kind of crazy :89:

• Like 2

markpa
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

I think you will find the weather here to be more agreeable, having said that there is no way you would be walking the dog around midday/ early afternoon. I take our dog around 6am and again just before sunset, best times of the day for walking and it still is hot. I always take a plastic bag to clean up after my dog, the locals here watch me and think I am some kind of crazy :89:

:thumbsup: Yes much better weather, no dam snow and freezing cold and wind. Good to know that when to take the dog out. She suffers a lot from the heat.. So I been g out places that offer air con thru out the rental seems theres a lot that do, ok more bucks on the rental but my dog will be ok, and me too. ha, ya electric bills will be woppers. I imagine i'll getting the same looks as you. That's ok. I'll wave and say hi. Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:37 AM, DavidK said:

:571b119686cf7_1(72):He he that might work for half a day. then someone walks by the front door, and the dog barks, then its homeless in Cebu I;m sure I can fin  a place that will let me have my dog. Even if for a fee. Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:51 PM, scott h said:

Mark, we did bring our cat with us from the states. I posted a topic about it a few years ago. If you cant find it let me know. But as Jolly says there are certain procedures to follow. Be prepared to visit your closest Philippine consulate for the paperwork (San Francisco I think in your case) a couple of times as well as veterinary certificates etc. etc. etc.

We took our cat with us in the cabin on Korean Air just an FYI. 

:thumbsup:  Scott that great you got to take your cat and wow in the cabin. I salute Korean Air. Delta said they have all the paper work i'll need, but i'll check to make dam sure I have it all. I've read, and reread even printed it out, right from a page from the Philippine Government site. so I should do ok on this.Mark