"House Blessing" and "Pang Pang" thoughts

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We put Sea salt in the Foundations and a Time capsule in the Corner Column  by the water pump, Our Nephew a Lay priest, blessed the Build and we have had good Fortune all the way so far, BTW the water Pump has never run Dry 

Like it Jack, Hope you didn't tell anyone about the money in the time capsule....:hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Kuya John said:
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We put Sea salt in the Foundations and a Time capsule in the Corner Column  by the water pump, Our Nephew a Lay priest, blessed the Build and we have had good Fortune all the way so far, BTW the water Pump has never run Dry 

Like it Jack, Hope you didn't tell anyone about the money in the time capsule....:hystery:

:hystery: :shades:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is because you accidentally tapped tapped into the town water supply!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well when they were pouring cement for the column feet they did throw in some coins.  I jokingly said that was their lunch money.  So when they killed whatever they killed to put blood on each column of the completed house... I was not invited ha ha  

My wife had an allergic reaction to something recently. She went to a real doctor and got antihistamines and other meds.  It is almost completely cleared up in a day and a half...but she is still going to the witch doctor tomorrow.  I laugh about it, but I know you can't train it out of them (and she calls them the witch doctor now too!)  :tiphat: 

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

When we commenced our build we did the Padugo ritual and put coins in every column. We only used one white chicken, maybe that's why it is taking so long!!

We will be having a house blessing with a priest, as is the cultural norm! I am happy to indulge my SO in this as it is part of the housewarming ritual before the Pork and Pilsen bit!

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Well Mogo and Tim,  Regardless of what our own beliefs might have been, we felt that it was important to enough people including the shaman, that we thought as a respectful bow to them and the cultural practice, it wasn't a lot to ask. Good vibes and joy all around.:)

Hear hear. The old maxim 'honour the local gods and drink the local wine'. That's an SMB for me please.:cheersty:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, virginprune said:

When we commenced our build we did the Padugo ritual and put coins in every column. We only used one white chicken, maybe that's why it is taking so long!!

Virginprune as far as I know the padugo ritual only requires the bloodletting of one white chicken:) Scott must have gotten double treatment:)

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Scott must have gotten double treatment:)

My theory is since we had a double size crew, they said they needed two white chickens because the normal 1 wouldn't have been enough for lunch for all of them.

Anyway, that's my theory and I am sticking to it!!!! :hystery:

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

When I come over, I am going to hang around new houses and hope I can get some KFC!

• Like 5

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
On 14.6.2016 at 6:13 AM, Queenie O. said:

Since then people have asked us if we will have a "house blessing" but maybe they're just hopeful for another afterparty- For us the pang pang was good enough.-

I think your right there. Probably the only reason they want a house blessing is to bless their tummy again with some free food and booz :D.

• Like 1