Rental with swimming pool in Cebu City?

aro
Posted
Posted

Hi, my girlfriend and myself are moving to Cebu City next week! The first couple of weeks we will stay with one of my new colleagues, but we would like to rent our new place as soon as possible. What should we expect to pay for a furnished house/apartment  with 2-3 bedrooms and a swimming pool in Cebu City(Labangon, Guadalupe, Lahug, Talisay)? We dont need anything bigger than 70-80m2 but we dont mind a bigger house or apartment either. Will I get it for 40000-45000PHP?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, aro said:

a furnished house/apartment  with 2-3 bedrooms and a swimming pool in Cebu City

The only one I know that fits those criteria in a house rents for about 120K peso per month (not a misprint).  Its the swimming pool that raises the price.  If you want an apartment with a swimming pool you may need a condo but a 2-3 bedroom condo will also cost you major coin.  I would not expect to find a 2 to 3 bedroom condo with swimming pool for the budget you mention.  I would suggest lowering your sights and skipping the swimming pool.  Most of us go to day resorts or pools if we want a swim.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was thinking the answer was going to be tiny place or no pool in that price range. 70-80 m2 condo is about double the standard size I hear about. I wonder how the recent water shortages in Cebu affected the pools? Have the water shortages ended yet?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, robert k said:

Have the water shortages ended yet?

Not sure, but this pic taken the other day would suggest that the water shortage is over

Its Looking That Way.jpg

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure, but this pic taken the other day would suggest that the water shortage is over

Its Looking That Way.jpg

I don't think I'm ready to bathe or wash clothes in that yet. I'd rather let it sit in a reservoir for a few weeks at least and let mother nature work on it for a while.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

House with your own pool won't be cheap but you should get a 2 bedroom condo at places like One Oasis on a 6 or 12 month lease around your budget with pool. 

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, aro said:

Hi, my girlfriend and myself are moving to Cebu City next week! The first couple of weeks we will stay with one of my new colleagues, but we would like to rent our new place as soon as possible. What should we expect to pay for a furnished house/apartment  with 2-3 bedrooms and a swimming pool in Cebu City(Labangon, Guadalupe, Lahug, Talisay)? We dont need anything bigger than 70-80m2 but we dont mind a bigger house or apartment either. Will I get it for 40000-45000PHP?

Hi Aro

I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a nice pool, a few sunloungers etc to relax on, very quiet at the pool and also in the apartment itself. It is called Padgett Apartments, it is about a 7-8 minute walk straight into Ayala Mall. The apartment itself was very nice indeed, 2 double bedrooms with aircon, one with an on-suite bathroom, plus a separate bathroom also. It had a nice well equipped kitchen, microwave, cooker etc, very nice living room, nice furniture, cable tv and good internet. I had a contract for 2 months (8 weeks exactly) and paid 55, 000 Peso per month. 

I believe if you sign a longer contract you can cut a better deal and they also have some one bedroom apartments which will come in at a lower price.

Would I stay there again?...... Definitely.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Hi Aro

I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a nice pool, a few sunloungers etc to relax on, very quiet at the pool and also in the apartment itself. It is called Padgett Apartments, it is about a 7-8 minute walk straight into Ayala Mall. The apartment itself was very nice indeed, 2 double bedrooms with aircon, one with an on-suite bathroom, plus a separate bathroom also. It had a nice well equipped kitchen, microwave, cooker etc, very nice living room, nice furniture, cable tv and good internet. I had a contract for 2 months (8 weeks exactly) and paid 55, 000 Peso per month. 

I believe if you sign a longer contract you can cut a better deal and they also have some one bedroom apartments which will come in at a lower price.

Would I stay there again?...... Definitely.

I think you got a bargain at that. If you gave contact I think they would be swamped. Curiosity but how many square meters, about/roughly? How long ago was this?

Edited by robert k

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
On June 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM, aro said:

Perhaps down in Talisay or even a bit further down in Minglanilla you might get lucky and find a house in a gated subdivision in that price range, or for a little bit more - in the 60-70k range.

For condos the problem is that most of them - even the 2 bedroom ones - are shoebox sized. Some of the older condos have larger rooms though. If you're not set on the areas you mentioned then check out Tancor (if I recall only bldg's 1 & 3 have a pool) in Mabolo. 

In Guadalupe have a look at Tuscania. Visited a friend who was renting a fully furnished 1 BR, about 50sqm, for 15k per month +++. All in he was paying about 20k. One of the nice things was it had a gas stove and was front to back design. Open the windows in the living room and the bedroom and almost always got a nice cross breeze, so he was able to keep his electric bill down to about 1,200 - 1,500 pesos a month. 

They have 2BR's ones there too, but have no idea what the rents are for those. 

Best to just drive around and go to the many condos in the areas you desire. They will all almost certainly have a bulletin board with available units posted or you can talk to the office staff. 

With the budget you mentioned for rent I don't think you'll have too much of a problem finding a condo that has a pool, but it might be harder finding one as large as you want. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

I had a contract for 2 months (8 weeks exactly) and paid 55, 000 Peso per month. 

If anyone reads this and seriously considers it they might want to know if there were extra charges or if that was all inclusive.  By that I mean did you pay extra for electricity? Internet? cable? other utilities? cleaning fee? parking? or security deposit?

It is out of my price range one way or the other, but from what I know others have paid this is a good price for a quality 2 bedroom condo with pool in a good location.

• Like 1