Rental with swimming pool in Cebu City?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, robert k said:

I think you got a bargain at that. If you gave contact I think they would be swamped. Curiosity but how many square meters, about/roughly? How long ago was this?

Hi Robert,

This was for February and March this year (2016).

The website says that the 2 bedroom apartments are 79sqm.  I have to say that the apartment felt very spacious.

15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If anyone reads this and seriously considers it they might want to know if there were extra charges or if that was all inclusive.  By that I mean did you pay extra for electricity? Internet? cable? other utilities? cleaning fee? parking? or security deposit?

It is out of my price range one way or the other, but from what I know others have paid this is a good price for a quality 2 bedroom condo with pool in a good location.

Hi Dave,

Hope you and the missus are keeping well my friend.

Actually there were some extra costs but don't remember them exactly but best effort is:-

One month up front deposit... 55,000P

From that deposit they took 'Electric Bill ' for my 2 month stay PLUS there was another charge which caught me by surprise, kind of like a service/maintenance charge, it wasn't a huge amount and was apparently in the small print (naturally, Lol).

http://www.padgettplace.com/

This is the link, (if this is not permitted can a moderator please remove).

Dave,  Noime and her friend set this up for me while I was still in the UK so I didn't do anything other than turn up and pay the money (naturally,Lol). As I mentioned earlier it was a good location, no noise problems, nice clean pool and a small gym, exercise machines and weights etc.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

You can certainly get a 2-bedroom condo in Guadalupe, with pool and gym, for that budget. I've got an empty one in Woodcrest Residences you'd be welcome to look at. Plenty big enough for two but not too many more!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Plenty big enough for two but not too many more!

OK, without getting into an ad for your property (which would be against the rules) I would like to ask some generic questions:

You mentioned a 2 bedroom condo in Woodcrest Residences would be big enough for two but not many more.  Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a 2 bedroom?  I would think that anyone renting a 2 bedroom would either be 2 couples sharing the cost or 1 couple with kids.  Even 2 single guys renting it would end up with 4 in the place once they got a couple girlfriends.  So the question becomes:  Just how many square meters is an average 2 bedroom rental condo in Woodcrest Residenes?  And is that a normal size for 2 bedroom condos (with pool and gym available) in that area of Cebu?

DavidK
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK, without getting into an ad for your property (which would be against the rules) I would like to ask some generic questions:

You mentioned a 2 bedroom condo in Woodcrest Residences would be big enough for two but not many more.  Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a 2 bedroom?  I would think that anyone renting a 2 bedroom would either be 2 couples sharing the cost or 1 couple with kids.  Even 2 single guys renting it would end up with 4 in the place once they got a couple girlfriends.  So the question becomes:  Just how many square meters is an average 2 bedroom rental condo in Woodcrest Residenes?  And is that a normal size for 2 bedroom condos (with pool and gym available) in that area of Cebu?

In Woodcrest I believe the 2-bedroom apartments are 69 sq M (although I never measured it). I don't know what sizes other condos are. We had four adults, one child and a maid living in ours so it can be done provided you're friendly. Some people just like the extra storage space of a spare bedroom.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, DavidK said:

In Woodcrest I believe the 2-bedroom apartments are 69 sq M

For this country thats a good size. 

I hope the Op finds what he is looking for as it seems do-able

aro
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys! We are signing a duplex house with 3 bedrooms,160m2, balcony  and fully furnished in Talisay today. A nice swimming pool and beach (but that one looks terrible so don't think we will ever use it! -) in the subdivision. And only 30k/month! 

The house was the best in quality, style, space and it was so much cheaper than the ones we found in Cebu City that that alone will cover the taxi fees to and from the office. 

So a big thanks to Gator for suggesting Talisay as an option. - 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, aro said:

that that alone will cover the taxi fees to and from the office.

I am glad you found what you are looking for.  And as a bonus you will get the experience of commuting daily from Talisay to your office in Cebu city during business hours.  Wow, that will be a topic all by itself and we would surely love to hear about that.

I encourage you to start a new topic about commuting in Cebu once you are all set up and commuting to work every day.  So many who choose the outer reaches of Cebu to live are retired folk and we see the traffic as a nightmare so please be sure to come back and tell us if its as bad as we suspect or otherwise.

aro
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am glad you found what you are looking for.  And as a bonus you will get the experience of commuting daily from Talisay to your office in Cebu city during business hours.  Wow, that will be a topic all by itself and we would surely love to hear about that.

I encourage you to start a new topic about commuting in Cebu once you are all set up and commuting to work every day.  So many who choose the outer reaches of Cebu to live are retired folk and we see the traffic as a nightmare so please be sure to come back and tell us if its as bad as we suspect or otherwise.

Luckily for me I can chose my own hours, and work from home as much as I like to so not a big problem with traffic. Going to the office after 10 and back before 16 should not be a problem. Or back after 18. Can actually work from the taxi as well. Nice to be a digital nomad ;) 

• Like 1

aro
Posted
Posted

On the other hand, this city _really_ need a skytrain! 

• Like 1