Medicals Camiguin Island

Bruce
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Thanks for the replies guys. We are doing fine now, my partner although still coughing has improved considerably with the antibiotics kicking in.Also raw honey seems to be soothing her throat.

Bruce I am not able to understand your comments that most of our drama could of been avoided. We do as always travel with an extensive first aid kit, especially as we ride motorbikes cycles. Although I have some first aid training  I do not consider myself qualified to decide what or in fact if antibiotics are required. We try to ovoid these if possible.

As I attempted to point out in my post, the drama was to find a doctor here. We spent the best part of a day just trying to do that.

The reason for the post was more to raise awareness among us that we should all be aware small Island paradises like Camiguin can have very limited medical facilities.

Later  I'll post a report on the small facility where we are staying.

Your reluctance / avoidance to make a decision was a part of what we call the drama. You still ended up with antibiotics anyway. But, there is always next time. Being prepared, with in reason and a budget is part of taking responsibility. Good luck.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

When considering a place to retire, wherever it is, good medical care is high on priority for me.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Your reluctance / avoidance to make a decision was a part of what we call the drama. You still ended up with antibiotics anyway. But, there is always next time. Being prepared, with in reason and a budget is part of taking responsibility. Good luck.

Thanks for the wishes, guess I am missing something here, would you mind being more pacific in regards to your comments. What was my reluctance to make a decision? Perhaps some other member can enlighten me.

• Like 1