Cruising Palawan by sailing ship

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

when the wind came up for the run home, so the trip back under sail was the best part.

Cheers,

Always is, nothing better than the mainsail out, spinnaker set cold beer in your hand.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Timely news that might spark more tours in the future for Palawan..

http://www.mb.com.ph/3-phl-islands-land-in-new-york-based-magazines-worlds-best-islands/

They called Boracay "natural treasure" ???.

Have they even been there, its a concrete jungle. Fun for parties, but its not a natural treasure or paradise for sure... Value for money vise its shit, as its really expensive as frak.. Must be all those airplane loads of people from Korea to Kalibo...

Cebu a top island of the world? I dont even remember seeing a nice and clean beach on Cebu island. The surrounding little islands have nice beaches (Bantayan, Camotes etc), but i have yet to find one on Cebu island.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Does anyone know of any sailing ship cruises around Palawan, or for any other tourist destinations?

i didn't have much luck with any of the search engines, so thought some members might have done something a bit different.

Cheers,

Try this site: https://getmyboat.com/search/search/results?longitude=118.24429275625002&latitude=9.26229720065385&distance=572km&loc=MIMAROPA&sloc=Palawan&location=Palawan%2C+MIMAROPA%2C+Philippines&_s=0

A few offerings around Palawan. Some of the prices there and around Cebu seem a bit exorbitant and might just be online pricing for "rich poreigners" or could pesos but with the dollar sign before them. YMMV 

I have not used the site for renting boats in the Philippines, only a few times in various parts of the USA. 

Edited by Gator

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, scott h said:

Here is an idea I have been toying with (if I can only get the wife to agree)

2GO Travel is one of the large ferry companies that travel between the major ports. Naturally they have different levels of accommodations, every thing from steerage to some pretty nice state rooms.

What I would like to do (and I have done only a little research) is to travel to a major port, take a taxi to a central hotel, spend a couple of days seeing the sights, head back to the port, catch another ferry to the next port, or even just back home to Manila. If memory serves, a private cabin from Manila to Palawan was like 1500-2000 pesos around there.

The ferrys look pretty modern and have cafes, snack bars, small ships store, even a chapel.

Anyway just an idea I have been playing with. If it helps? Great, if not :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31: . :hystery:

Did not miss the first sentence Scott very funny! or is it just my evil mind?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone that replied to my query, Gator yours was very helpful and a good place for me to start.

What I omitted from my first post was the fact that the bar had a buy 1 get two cocktail hour, where on the list was a concoction of local rum and ginger, together with some ginger, so being an ex sailor and thinking I am still a young bloke consumed quite a few.

The reason I mention this? Yesterday I had a bit of a hangover, and once I started to think clearly I realised that I didn't search the biggest search engine of all "Facebook", where there was a few boat hiring companies.

So after giving the liver a rest last night with my no alcohol night I can look further.

thanks everyone.

• Like 1