rebar sticking out of buildings

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone, any ideas of what climbing plant I could use, or will this attract bugs or even snakes, or is this a silly idea 

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

I was thinking that too, or some sort of climbing plant 

Steve, you are going to have to ask the expert tropical gardeners. I know many vine plants can benefit from not being on the ground.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Painting on "red lead" or an anti-rust protector will preserve that rebar for a long time.  For people who are not planning over time to use the extended rebar,  one might notice that many builders will carelessly leave rebar sticking out here and there on a structure. Then before you paint your house you can just have those pieces hack sawed off. Looks a lot neater. 

You like your plants Queenie,

So any ideas for a nice climbing plant

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

You like your plants Queenie,

So any ideas for a nice climbing plant

Steve, maybe a garlic vine like this purple one, or one of the many colors of mandevilla like this yellow one would be nice.  A climbing bougainvillea like this pink one is showy and can can be trained up, but it's thorny and requires trimming to maintain. I'm sure once you figure if it's a shady or sunny spot there will be a vine that gives good  coverage and color.-

Queenie

20160612_102112.jpg

20160419_081906.jpg

23a7b67819c2aabc239d6003202cacb2.jpg

• Like 3