Filipina Girlfriend?

Domino22
Posted
Posted

If you just want to date a girl a few times a week or so when does her relatives come after you for money? As a BF&GF is this an issue? I know as a gringo/farang this will always be an issue, but when you are brought into the family I see a problem. Now just dating where do you stand? I know marriage is a whole different thing so do not go there. That will not happen. I just would like some insight how this works? I also understand that I am a walking "Bank" in the PI per the local mind set but I am not going to retire there and support a family of 400! But would like to meet a dinner partner-travel friend and a little you know friend with benefits.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If you plan to simply pay for the woman's affections I doubt her family will have any dealings with you.

• Like 5

Domino22
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If you plan to simply pay for the woman's affections I doubt her family will have any dealings with you.

No not a rental as I know what you are saying. But good answer!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry I may have misunderstood. :thumbsup:

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Now this is my gut feeling and my opinion only. Knowing how the jungle telegraph works around here if a guy dates a gal more than a couple of times, then moves on to another girl etc. etc. etc. His reputation will proceed him before long.

Such men are known as "butterflies" in this neck of the woods.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

You can also be marked as BF/GF if you are just seen talking to someone. Not kidding either.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, robert k said:

You can also be marked as BF/GF if you are just seen talking to someone. Not kidding either.

Boy, do I know this one...  My katabang is 18 years old and looks younger...  And someone tried to start a rumor she was my underage gf...  I found out who and started another rumor - the old hag was just jealous because I refused to have an affair with her behind her husband's back...  Come to think if it, I haven't seen her for a while...  

:whistling::mocking:

• Like 3