How Much to Retire In PI

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, tomaw said:

50k! I don't make that much now and I live in S. California!

Coming from San Diego Tom, not with the same degree of comfort, leisure and lack of worries I currently enjoy here in the Philippines.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I would charge you $12,000 per annum to retire here.  You may use the rest as you would.:thumbsup:

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:40 AM, pjclark1 said:

PI appears to me to be currently much more 'foreigner friendly' than Thailand.

Does this still apply to Americans?  Recent events I see on the news has got me a bit worried.  I am contemplating other options for my retirement...

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

Does this still apply to Americans?  Recent events I see on the news has got me a bit worried.  I am contemplating other options for my retirement...

Are you worried that the special forces will be pulled from Mindanao and you will have to obtain a visa? If those aren't your concerns, what are?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I predict a new slogan:

Huó dé xiàng yīgè guówáng 

For only 7,000 Yuan per month!

I think this translates from Chinese to read Live like a king for only 50,000 pesos a month. :hystery:

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

Are you worried that the special forces will be pulled from Mindanao and you will have to obtain a visa? If those aren't your concerns, what are?

Don't know what to expect.  And that is part of the problem.  Could be anywhere between riots, targeting American's (vice drug users), mass deportation, to maybe even nothing at all.

Just a reaction from someone receiving the news from outside of the country.  Especially when it is my current plans to live there next year after retirement.

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

Don't know what to expect.  And that is part of the problem.  Could be anywhere between riots, targeting American's (vice drug users), mass deportation, to maybe even nothing at all.

Just a reaction from someone receiving the news from outside of the country.  Especially when it is my current plans to live there next year after retirement.

Try Marianas islands then, they are US territory. They have beaches, diving and even Filipinos. I hear that even the corruption is equal.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes, if you have 50kUS stay where you are.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

If I wasn't reading posts and looking at the news I wouldn't know anything was being said. The locals all treat me the same, very welcoming and friendly, no change. There is politics, then there is real, everyday life.

to quote Jake, "Triple Like"!