How Much to Retire In PI

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

It should be about June I hope, when I came back from Dumaguete in March I was limping badly, serious pain in my Right knee, by July it was so bad I had a total knee replacement and actually just returned to work yesterday, 5 months to recover. However, the Left knee has gone the same way now, serious pain, I will go back under the knife again at the end of January for another total knee replacement, hahahha, lucky me huh? NOT!

So, allowing 4 months to heal, I will then hand in my notice at work after 29 years with the same company and walk away, kinda scary but exciting also, its weird starting out again late in life, but many others on here have done it so its gotta be worth the risk...... hasn't it??  Gulp.  

And then we can share a few San Migs with the others outside Coco's or Why Not, hahahah, cant wait!

Ouch brother, good luck with that. From what I hear not a fun process but once you finish physical therapy your knees will feel great. Let me know once you have a better idea on timing. the apartment complex I am in now only has 4 units but p8,500/mo and easy walk to 'downtown' Valencia if you would want me to get you in touch with the manager.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hope you noticed the very important last sentence of Steve's post

Reading  between the lines tells me his REAL budget is almost double that figure.  I do similar math.  Must do it to keep wife in line.

Amen to that,:thumbsup:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Budgets, budgets and more budgets,

Well i have so much in reserve and so much coming in, and it had better be enough, but if i die to soon the wife and her family will be very rich indeed, and if i pass on later in life well i would have done everything i have ever wanted to do, and there would still be enough for the wife to have a good life,

So really do i have enough i wonder to myself,:89:.

One thing i do know now is i dont have a budget  as many of you, hay ho better get to work to increase the fortune.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
virginprune
Posted
Posted

Budgets and needs are individual, for me the most important "how much" question was how much do I want to be here. When I decided that this is the place to be it was all about how much mentally I needed to put in to make it happen and to be happy and successful with my decision. I am!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
Domino22
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2016 at 4:01 AM, cattledog said:

Would 50k USD annually,  be enough to have good retirement in Subic or Angeles area. I am former US Military.

You could what ever you want to. And send a manned launch to Mars!

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 29/12/2016 at 10:02 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Couldn't agree more my friend.

For me it was a simple Pro's and Con's, What Could I do at Home on the pension I was going to get? What could I not do here with the same amount? Yes there is the Health thing But we will get ill no matter where we are and the For me, with the State of Decay in the health Service in the UK, Here is a lot cheaper than there.

Anyone who is looking to come can best solve their own Dilemma by doing the list and see how it pans out.:thumbsup:

Just my Thoughts but.............................:smile:

Well said Jack, your opening line sums it up for me too. I want to retire at 60, a little over 2 years away, I won't qualify for an aged pension in Australia because I worked my butt off since I was 15, and paid my taxes, now according my government I have too many assets and a reasonable superannuation plan. even if I did qualify for a pension it is only about 20K per year and I need to be 67 to claim, LMAO. How can you live on 20K a year in Oz? Many do but frugally I'm sure.

I set myself a budget of AU 4k per month and I consider this very extravagant, we will have plenty, My budget does not include capitol outlays like buying a house, car, 2 motorbikes, furniture etc. What it does allow for though is day to day living, annual SRRV cost, food, elec, water, fuel, phone and internet, cigarettes and booze, medical insurance, LTO registration costs, car and house insurance, home and car maintenance including tyres, buying a new car and bikes every 5 to 6 years, 8K per year for O/S holidays etc etc.

We could live in Australia for the same cost but not replace the cars at all and never go on holidays, not save money like we can now when we are both working, too hard. Besides, the family are here and the people are nice to boot, similar climate, the perfect place to live and explore.

Cheers, Steve. 

• Like 1