Lazada Warning

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Tell ya wot, RBM, you had better luck dealing with Lazada online than I've had dealing with bricks and mortar establishments when trying to get them to honor their guarantees.  But at least with a real life store you can test stuff before you buy.  Who would have thought, before coming here, that you'd need to test a light bulb in the store before buying it? 

Anyway, good to hear it worked out somewhat OK.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I bought a Samsung brand microSD card online and I was concerned because I had heard that fakes had been flooding the market. The one I got was real I'm sure because the manufacturers packaging was almost indestructible. Nobody would try that hard to protect a fake!:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

This may not apply to IT gear which should be in the genuine box.

My phone was, but I also hope that the Wacom device that I plan to order is as well.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

On Lazada orders which are filled outside the Philippines, do you have to pay an import/duty tax?  Or is it already included in the purchase price?

I did see some items marked free shipping but most have a fee.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, intrepid said:

On Lazada orders which are filled outside the Philippines, do you have to pay an import/duty tax?  Or is it already included in the purchase price?

I did see some items marked free shipping but most have a fee.

I only did that once.  It was a cell phone shipped from HongKong.  The price was all in and the phone is still working great 18 months later.  All original equipment, not a knock off, and the price and time line were as stated BUT (disclaimer to follow :SugarwareZ-005: )  I read that since that time, Lazada in Philippines has been purchased by aliexpress so your experience will likely be different from mine.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I just read this entire thread and for me the takeaway is:  COD only and inspect the goods before you pay.  However that is no always possible.

I had one good order and our second order is a mess.  About a month ago we ordered a small shelf and some wall art canvasses that you have to mount on a frame.  We knew they would be from overseas.

Thursday the shelf arrived but not the wall art.  In their FAQ it says that orders may arrive separately, but my wife got an e-mail saying the order was complete and delivered, so she e-mailed, waited a day, then called.  The series of calls and e-mails after that convinced me that they very disorganized and don't have much of a computer system to track these overseas orders.  First they blamed LBC then retracted that.  In the end they would not refund the money but gave us a credit voucher.  My wife really wants the wall art so we will reorder and wait again.

Possibly another takeaway is to only order 1 item per order, especially if they are overseas items.  I don't think they have a way to track the individual items in a consolidated order.  I used to work in the industry so I know how hard that is to do right if you don't have a really good computer system that can keep the items linked to an order number.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Another issue the quality, as time  goes on we are realising it's similar to unmart quality wise. The collapsible hoses are great for the first few months until they fall apart. In fairness they are dirt cheap, now looking similar  product in Ace Hardware how ever instead of P700 it's P3k so hopefully better quality.