I'm going home...

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Ah...  But it's not just Davao but the Philippines...  I'm still thinking of a move to Mati...  About 3 hours away but paradise...  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Do you mean Mati is even better than back home in Nigeria? Just kidding. Life just isn't as funny since you got a new phone.:smile:

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 29 August 2016 at 1:46 AM, Gratefuled said:

Home is where the heart is. I left my heart in California.

I "still have my old country I consider as my home"

I felt the exact same during the 4 years i lived in NZ, Aus and Ph.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

.....a strong love for my old home state of Rhode Island.  I just take it one day at a time, and try to appreciate the things that make this place my best home.

Ahh......Rhode Island.  I graduated from North Kingstown HS (1969) while my father was stationed at NAS Quonset PT.  I have many fond memories of Narragansett Bay where I fell in love with sailing.  Much later during my time in the Navy, I fell in love with the Maniacs, as the locals calling themselves in the picturesque town of Bath, Maine.  

A local Bath family practically adopted me, sharing their home and friends with me.  I guess they were intrigued of my Filipino heritage.  They forced fed me Maine lobsters, clam chowder and scallop casserole.  I nearly overdosed on lobster hot dogs!  God, I love that family.

Winter sunset.jpg  Winter sunset or......

Davao sunset.jpeg Davao white cove paradise

I think Davao Bob is in heaven, don't ya think?

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 2

Caronsabuas
Posted
Posted

No clam bakes Jake? I lived in Maine for four years and the sunrise lobster/steamer bakes on the beach were unforgettable.

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jake said:

Ahh......Rhode Island.  I graduated from North Kingstown HS (1969) while my father was stationed at NAS Quonset PT.  I have many fond memories of Narragansett Bay where I fell in love with sailing.  Much later during my time in the Navy, I fell in love with the Maniacs, as the locals calling themselves in the picturesque town of Bath, Maine.  

A local Bath family practically adopted me, sharing their home and friends with me.  I guess they were intrigued of my Filipino heritage.  They forced fed me Maine lobsters, clam chowder and scallop casserole.  I nearly overdosed on lobster hot dogs!  God, I love that family.

Winter sunset.jpg  Winter sunset or......

Davao sunset.jpeg Davao white cove paradise

I think Davao Bob is in heaven, don't ya think?

Oh Jake--I had a feeling that you had a happy Newport/Quonset connection, I just didn't know why. The Ocean State and Maine both have such beautiful scenery, and don't get me started on the fried clams chowder and lobster rolls!

The ocean and seafood in Cebu is great too, just different. The quality of light along the water is the same though..

Summer in New England is just too short, and there's a lot to be said for the endless summer of the Philippines. 

I'm glad too that Davao Bob has happily found his home. He seems like a pretty happy guy in general.-

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I do miss my close family ties though, and so far have not been able to feel that  close or comfortable with family here. We all wish to evolve though I think, and making your place your home. or growing into a home, is an ongoing process. I just take it one day at a time, and try to appreciate the things that make this place my best home.

I feel the same way. I do love your attitude and the way you think. I wish you much happiness and hope this being your new home will in some way fill the void that you have about leaving the states.:smile:

I just want to add that since you are from Rhode Island, I have a good friend in California that is from Rhode Island.   

He has curly red hair. I call him, "Rhode Island Red" :smile:

Edited by Gratefuled
addition
  • Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I feel the same way. I do love your attitude and the way you think. I wish you much happiness and hope this being your new home will in some way fill the void that you have about leaving the states.:smile:

I just want to add that since you are from Rhode Island, I have a good friend in California that is from Rhode Island.   

He has curly red hair. I call him, "Rhode Island Red" :smile:

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Gratefuled. I know that you can relate, and that you too try to find a niche in your place in the Philippines. That's funny--RI being the smallest state, it's surprising how many people have a RI connection from many places. I've been called Red myself at times too!

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Gratefuled. I know that you can relate, and that you too try to find a niche in your place in the Philippines. That's funny--RI being the smallest state, it's surprising how many people have a RI connection from many places. I've been called Red myself at times too!

and I'm betting you are Irish Catholic, right  :cornflakes:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

and I'm betting you are Irish Catholic, right  :cornflakes:

Swedish!

• Like 3