Thought you might like to see like to see my garden plant

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Thank you for sharing, I'll pass that along to my mother in law. :smile:

You're welcome. She might already be familiar with this one.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My wife says there is a song by the name of that flower. She sang it in English it may have been Spanish originally. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

A rose garden and citrus sounds pretty ambitious to me Greatfuled!  Roses in the larger sizes seem hard to grow here. I think that they like cooler climes.. You should try a garden I think you could enjoy it. Even potted plants are great.

Roses remind me of my mother. The blossums of the citrus trees is/are very fragrant. 

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Roses remind me of my mother. The blossums of the citrus trees is/are very fragrant. 

Nice.. Here's an idea for images.jpg you  Greatfuled--you could get some pots and plant some calamansi or lemonsito citrus plants. They come in a pretty verigated variety too, and every flower turns into a fruit. The fragrance of the flowers are similar to orange blossoms. I have some even a variety called King Calamansi that makes a bigger fruit. They're pretty easy to grow and make a nice showing as they get bigger over time. I think that would be a fun project. Every time the fruit is picked, it encourages more flowers/fruit to form, so there are mostly always flowers or fruit or both. Think about it..-  QueenieCitrofortunellaMitis2.jpgdownload.jpgimages (1).jpg

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

My wife says there is a song by the name of that flower. She sang it in English it may have been Spanish originally. 

I found it! Don't know if there are lyrics to it though. Nice.

Also there's a song about the sampaquita flower that Jake mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKZahIUu2E

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

This plant is also called night blooming jasmine, although it's a stronger, sweeter fragrance.. Gardenias are hard to grow. I've had off and on luck with them too. I love them too though...

They seem to struggle during the summers here where I live. But in the spring, when the nights are cool, they are just heavenly. I like to have one planted near the door...the scent hits you when you walk out first thing in the morning, or when you get home in the evening.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

I found it! Don't know if there are lyrics to it though. Nice.

Also there's a song about the sampaquita flower that Jake mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKZahIUu2E

That Dama de Noche piece is excellent!

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I hope I am not taking this too off topic....but this old stuff is fantastic.

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

That's  a cool version too Reboot. I think that's the Spanish language version, and that stringed instrument we're hearing is called a bandurria. Those pics look like the vendors selling sampaguita flower leis/necklaces outside Quiapo church in Manila.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's one of my jasmine trees in flower this morning. It's in severe need of a pruning.

20160907_073553.jpg

20160907_073542.jpg

20160907_073542.jpg

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 5