Jail Condition

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, they were fake passports...  And they had them when they arrived...  Not so smart a thing to do...

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hocoa said:

Most of the Indonesians jailed for using Philippine passports are home, now a few of them told reporters about their conditions in jail;

1.      14 persons in one cell, there is no space even to sleep lying down.

2.      They were fed only once a day.

3.      They were threatened (but not tortured).

Are the above true???

Well, they were not promised a luxury suit.

They were not promised a 3 course meal 3 times a day.

If one cannot do the time one should not do the crime. 

• Like 2

hocoa
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, robert k said:

Ok, I'm a little farther along now, but...are these legal passports? Because if they are fake they will get no sympathy from me. If someone said Psst! Hey buddy, wanna buy a passport? I would be moving at my best speed away being as conspiracy to commit even a minor crime is generally a major crime.

I forgot to mention that the Philippines has special passports issued just for the hajj. It cannot be used to travel anywhere else. An applicant only need to attach a document issued by the National Commission of Filipino Muslims to apply for the special passport. So I think there is a problem at that organization. To answer your questions, the passport is not fake but fraudulently acquired. We call it "ASPAL" here, "Asli tapi palsu" (real but fake). BTW, Indonesia used to issue special passports too, but not anymore, now all passports are regular, which is used for hajj too. 

• Like 3

hocoa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Yeah, they were fake passports...  And they had them when they arrived...  Not so smart a thing to do...

According to Indonesia's newspapers, they left Indonesia as Indonesians, arrive in the Philippines as Indonesians, left the Philippines for SA as Filipinos, will return to the Philippines from SA as Filipinos (later this month), and finally leave the Philippines for Indonesia as Indonesians. This happened also before, past couple of years. But their luck ran out under President Duterte's watch.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2016 at 9:10 AM, hocoa said:

According to Indonesia's newspapers, they left Indonesia as Indonesians, arrive in the Philippines as Indonesians, left the Philippines for SA as Filipinos, will return to the Philippines from SA as Filipinos (later this month), and finally leave the Philippines for Indonesia as Indonesians. This happened also before, past couple of years. But their luck ran out under President Duterte's watch.

I've heard (but can't prove) that an immigration official got suspicious when he thought several people leaving under Filipino passports looked a lot like some Indonesians he had processed in previously...  Or maybe it was because they couldn't speak the language from the area where their passports said they were from...  :hystery:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2016 at 8:10 PM, hocoa said:

Do you think these are some of the illegal foreigners the Bureau of Immigration were talking about a few months ago?

• Like 1

hocoa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

I've heard (but can't prove) that an immigration official got suspicious when he thought several people leaving under Filipino passports looked a lot like some Indonesians he had processed in previously...  Or maybe it was because they couldn't speak the language from the area where their passports said they were from...  :hystery:

It's possibly true, from local sources, they were instructed not to talk at the airport but it would be a strange sight to see a large group that were silent. It was also reported that an immigration officers tried to talk in Tagalog, then in English, but cannot be understood. In panic, he finally confessed that they were all (the line behind him) from Indonesia.  

• Like 2

hocoa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

Do you think these are some of the illegal foreigners the Bureau of Immigration were talking about a few months ago?

I don't think so. BTW, when President Duterte was here in Indonesia yesterday, it was reported that he and the president of Indonesia discussed about Mary Jane and the Indonesians using Philippine passports now in Saudi Arabia. The media call it a barter talk, Indonesia to free Mary Jane, the Philippines to allow the Indonesians to return to Indonesia through the Philippines (without any charges).

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2016 at 9:53 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not hard for me to believe that part.  I have heard more than one filipino talk about how they get no food in jail unless they have a friend or relative bring it to them.  I could easily imagine that they only get one meal of rice  and little else each day or there would be a lot of people turning themselves in when they felt hungry.

Like all things, I suppose food can be bought if you have any money.

Well we are currently watching the TV series OZ about life in an American max security prison. Not sure how authentic it is but certainly not a place for the faint hearted. 

Couple of years back we were bringingredients  food to an Aussie in Torledo prison as we believed at that time he was wrongly convicted. It was anot over crowded hell hole, making matters worse he claimed he was beaten on a regular basis because he was cocasian. Just to visit entailed the visitor to a strip search.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, RBM said:

the TV series OZ

Yep, that was a great series.  If you want the female, watered down version you could try Orange is the New Black

• Like 1