Philippine President & US President are equal

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, i am bob said:

This "Leader of the Free World" bit is getting a little old...  And the way Obama spoke to him...? Just goes to show the rest of the world how little is thought of them...  Hmm...  Maybe President Duterte would have been right to have called him a...  :whistling:

For some strange reason I think you Canucks have been indulging in this sort of rhetoric for longer than just the past 8 years...

:shades:

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, i am bob said:

This "Leader of the Free World" bit is getting a little old.

So tell the POTUS that :hystery:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I think you Canucks have been indulging in this sort of rhetoric for longer than just the past 8 years

I think there is a tinge of envy north of the border.  Perhaps its because in our youth we got to freeze our asses off harvesting trees and oil that we were foolish enough to sell south of the border for inflated greenbacks.  Our bad!  Sorry!

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So tell the POTUS that :hystery:

You give me the direct line and I will.

I was having a business discussion with someone and he told me the CEO of Exxon/Mobil is the most powerful man in the world. I told him anyone who makes $100 a year more than him is the most powerful man in the world to him.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think there is a tinge of envy north of the border.  Perhaps its because in our youth we got to freeze our asses off harvesting trees and oil that we were foolish enough to sell south of the border for inflated greenbacks.  Our bad!  Sorry!

Well hell. I don't want to be misunderstood. The two countries couldn't hope for better neighbors in one another in the scheme of things. And Canada is better in a lot of ways and Canadians are great in everything besides tipping for good service. Problem is, you get to freeze your balls off for the pleasure of it. 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

hocoa
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Could you provide a link? Respectfully speaking I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry guys, I thought link is not allowed in forums. And I thought it must be all over the news there in the Philippines. Anyway, here's the link (see paragraph 15) http://www.rappler.com/world/regions/asia-pacific/indonesia/bahasa/englishedition/145706-china-united-states-duterte-massacre

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Reboot said:

"Philippine President & US President are equal"

They may be equal as men, but it ends there.

As heads of state there is a big difference.

Duterte could be a better man than the guy here in the USA, but he commands far fewer carrier strike groups, divisions, and nukes.

Between nations, the law that operates is the law of the jungle.

In Duterte's favor, as a man, it isn't hard to top the sad sack of shit currently residing in the White House.

Who put likes on that?

Probably the same people who believe everything they read on the internet, they are AKA, Trump Supporters.

I usually vote Democrat. That does not give me the right to disrespect the office of president.

Ron Reagan did a fine job. I did not fully agree with GWB (Bush 2), but it does not give me the right to insult the man or the office of president.

Fire away guys. I don't know how much political backchat JGF will allow, but I am ready for it.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:omg: Time they GREW up. They are Not Monitors (Prefects) they are PRESIDENTS. FGS  (for goodness sake)

Edited by Jack Peterson
slight correction
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

They may be kind of equal as one man can be to another... but yeah, that is where it stops. The PIs is still just a 3rd world country, almost a banana republic.  The countries are in no way equal and the jobs as President's of the 2 countries are in no way equal.

I love this side of Obama. He only has 4 months left and simply does not have to play the BS games as much.  If he can teach Duterte a little about how to act diplomatically, then good. I wish him luck.

I wish Duterte luck as well - he will need it.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

• Dave Hounddriver locked this topic