Philippine President & US President are equal

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The PIs is still just a 3rd world country, almost a banana republic.  The countries are in no way equal and the jobs as President's of the 2 countries are in no way equal.

I love this side of Obama. He only has 4 months left and simply does not have to play the BS games as much.  If he can teach Duterte a little about how to act diplomatically, then good. I wish him luck.

I see, Obama represents 1st world citizens who are much more important than the PI 3rd world citizens and their banana republic. If the PI president doesn't use the correct diplomatic language (or is misquoted in the media) then of course Obama should turn his back on the 100 million people he represents, it's not like they are in any way equals or anything... Sounds a bit elitist to me.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

In the world of diplomacy there is a pecking order.  Such is life. 

Obama made it clear that no matter what the outcome of the human rights violations here, it will not affect America's policy of supporting our allies. He is not turning his back on anyone - he just does not have to take shit from a bully. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I don't think President Obama should bother talking to him. It is clear that it would do no good. It is almost like talking with Trump.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Duterte's staff may claim after that it was a misquote or misunderstanding by his using the words, "son of a whore." The phrase was considered by everyone else a personal insult to Barack Obama, the Office of the President, and more important, the people of the United States. 

What! The people of the United States are stupid enough to elect a "son of a whore?" As a voter, I took it as a personal insult.

Cancelling a previously scheduled meeting is a mild rebuke. To have done nothing would have resulted in showing that the Office of the President of the United States was very weak. The "quid pro quo" response has nothing to do with whether or not you like Barack Obama as a person. The message was to show the world Duterte was being disrespectful to the highest ranking official of the United States government. Duterte was also being insulting to 100 million Pilipinos whom he claims to represent. 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

They may be kind of equal as one man can be to another... but yeah, that is where it stops. The PIs is still just a 3rd world country, almost a banana republic.  The countries are in no way equal and the jobs as President's of the 2 countries are in no way equal.

I love this side of Obama. He only has 4 months left and simply does not have to play the BS games as much.  If he can teach Duterte a little about how to act diplomatically, then good. I wish him luck.

I wish Duterte luck as well - he will need it.  :tiphat:

Very well said, thanks

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, chris49 said:

Who put likes on that?

Probably the same people who believe everything they read on the internet, they are AKA, Trump Supporters.

I usually vote Democrat. That does not give me the right to disrespect the office of president.

Ron Reagan did a fine job. I did not fully agree with GWB (Bush 2), but it does not give me the right to insult the man or the office of president.

Fire away guys. I don't know how much political backchat JGF will allow, but I am ready for it.

I think you are intentionally trying to be insulting with this one. I certainly didn't like the post in question and of the realistic choices I have in the US election I would favor Trump.

Iambob isn't even a US voter. So I guess there is only one person on this site who would vote for trump?

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

They may be kind of equal as one man can be to another... but yeah, that is where it stops. The PIs is still just a 3rd world country, almost a banana republic.  The countries are in no way equal and the jobs as President's of the 2 countries are in no way equal.

I love this side of Obama. He only has 4 months left and simply does not have to play the BS games as much.  If he can teach Duterte a little about how to act diplomatically, then good. I wish him luck.

I wish Duterte luck as well - he will need it.  :tiphat:

first of all Obama needs to learn how to act with more diplomatically than Duterte as he thinks everyone owes him which is so wrong and so are you sorry , Duterte just uses hard language but he tells the truth and calls a spade a spade as were Obama does nothing but lie and not honet with the America people  and wants his way like a little kid  and when someone stands up to him he gets very upset, remember being a leader of a country big or small you need to show respect to the other leaders  and be honest with them and do not act like you are better than them, remember they both put there pants on the same way one leg at a time so to me they are equals lets see what happens in the Philippines in 6 years got to give the guy a chance and the last thing he needs is some leader start telling him what to do if asked for help is one thing but to just tell them what and how to do it is so wrong.    

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Trump is at least a wild card we don't know what we're going to get.

Another Duterte?

• Like 1

• Dave Hounddriver locked this topic
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK

If members keep getting into politics more so politics of other countries while breaking the rules of this forum I wont hesitate to ban anyone from this forum. If you guys dont bother to read the rules I wont bother to explain why you have no access to this forum anymore.

• Like 4