Obtaining 13A Visa prior to leaving US

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, anthonytt said:

it will cost about$1,000 total and 8 trips to Immigration.

:89:Hmmmmmmmm I would question the amount and the Times attending BI mine was a Total of

833 pounds sterling ( I used a Lawyer) and only went to Cebu Immigration once.

Want to know more PM for Details :thumbsup:

Probation to permanent was 700 pounds Sterling and NO Visit to Cebu Immigration Well worth the cost for peace of mind and added saving (Considering I am in Dumaguete ) No overnights stays and Travel:smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MartyC
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful. My last DUI was deferred and will be dismissed in June next year.I did get a police clearance from the county courthouse and will give that a try. My DUI was in a different county but I did disclose it on the Visa application )It just states NO RECORDS FOUND. Hopefully that will work. I am in the process of adopting my Filapina step daughter so am waiting to file her and my wife's dual ,and my 13a at the same time. We will have a long trip to The Philippines embassy in Chicago for interviews so hoping we can do all in one trip!

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Just for additional info. I applied for my 13a in Hong Kong where I had been living for 10 years. Only needed 3 trips to the Consulate there; one to get the necessary documents notarized (i could have done this elsewhere but it was cheapish), a second to hand in the pile of paperwork and a third to collect the visa. Total time was probably a month, cost around 200 sterling. Add to that probably another 150 sterling max for medical and HK police clearance. Seems very low compared to what others are saying.

After arriving here I had to go to local BI to complete the process and get my ACER. Cost for all that around 6000php, or 100 sterling. So, overall cost was certainly under 500 sterling.

And I can confirm that i had permanent residency from day 1, no probationary year.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2016 at 9:38 AM, MartyC said:

We will have a long trip to The Philippines embassy in Chicago for interviews so hoping we can do all in one trip!

While in Chicago you can treat your family to a visit to the new Seafood City Filipino supermarket in the Chicago Suburbs not far from Old Irving Park. The Jollibee inside the market should be open soon. There is also a good filipino restaurant called Bay Leaf of the Orient just a few minutes from Seafood City.