Exit Clearance on Tourist Visa

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Wouldn't be a big deal for me if the Dumaguete office did the ECC but going all the way to Cebu from here is a big deal - especially if it is not required to go there. I can wish all I want to but not going to get an ECC in Duma, I know I can go to Cebu and getting the ECC is no problem once there, but it costs money and a whole day of travel to get there. All a waste if I can do it at NAIA on the way 'out the door'.

Section 1. Issuance of ECC at the International Port of Exit. – An Emigration Clearance Certificate may be issued to a foreign national at the international port of exit who:

a) Is leaving the country within twenty-four (24) hours and with Boarding Pass;
b) Stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months but not more than one (1) year;
c) Is a holder of a valid Temporary Visitor’s Visa (TVV);
d) Has no pending obligation with the Government, its instrumentalities, agencies and subdivisions, and has no pending criminal civil or administrative action which by law requires his presence in the Philippines; and
e) Is registered under the Alien registration Program (ARP) and was issued a Special security Registration Number (SSRN).

http://www.in-philippines.com/emigration-clearance-certification-ecc-to-be-available-at-airports/Here is the whole thing if anyone wants to read it.

Edited by robert k

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Here is the whole thing if anyone wants to read it.

Whereas the information may be true, linking to some 3rd party site does not guarantee the veracity of the info you quoted.  Perhaps you also have the direct link to the Bureau of Immigration site?  Even the newspapers get things wrong so a site labelled "In-Philippines" MAY be quoting from incorrect or outdated sources.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Whereas the information may be true, linking to some 3rd party site does not guarantee the veracity of the info you quoted.  Perhaps you also have the direct link to the Bureau of Immigration site?  Even the newspapers get things wrong so a site labelled "In-Philippines" MAY be quoting from incorrect or outdated sources.

Here is the government link http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/OPERATIONSORDER/APRIL2015/OOSBM 2015-009.pdf

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There was a link on the page Dave. Just for you here it is because your eyes must be tired. It looks to me like they posted the entire page from immigration.gov.ph verbatim.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/OPERATIONSORDER/APRIL2015/OOSBM 2015-009.pdf

I also availed myself of getting my ECC at the airport September 8 of 2015 and I know it was working then.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

There was a link on the page Dave.

Great, may I recommend that you use the direct link in the future?  Since it was there anyway then there is no need to send traffic away from this site to a commercial link.

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Great, may I recommend that you use the direct link in the future?  Since it was there anyway then there is no need to send traffic away from this site to a commercial link.

I see your point Dave there are a few ads on that page, I normally just tune the garbage out. It is not a competing forum as far as I can tell (I did make sure of that) and if you are going to dun everyone who links a page that has an ad on it, I don't think they pay you enough. But I will not give any more links to pages that have ads on them. 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

I also availed myself of getting my ECC at the airport September 8 of 2015 and I know it was working then.

Which terminal did you get the ECC? Was it at the Immigration counter just before the boarding gates?

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Which terminal did you get the ECC? Was it at the Immigration counter just before the boarding gates?

I didn't remember so I got out my bag to get the old itinerary and I flew Korean Air so my departure must have been from terminal 1. I told them at immigration that I needed to get the ECC and they passed me to an immigration officer who had an office about 5 meters from the travel tax kiosk. Aside from them not expecting that Dumaguete stapled the SSRN number in my passport and we went round and round before it was discovered, everything went smooth as silk.

They didn't know the SSRN number was in my passport and I of course handed them my passport so I couldn't look.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Pre-flight update.

I printed the BI Operations Order and took it to the BI in Duma. None of the girls knew what I was talking about until they read it and then said they still don't know, do I want to talk to the supervisor? Yes please. He said the order has been rescinded and I should go to Cebu and get an ECC which is valid for 30 days.

I then called the BI at NAIA Terminal 3 (We are flying Cebu Pacific to Hong Kong) since that is the terminal we are flying from. In the middle of asking the question about being in Country 9 months and needing an ECC I was stopped and they said as long as I have a SSRN number I can pay at the airport - just make sure I have the number.

No problem, I have the number on the sliver of paper BI Duma stapled into my passport and I folded it over into the page my current Visa stamp is. It is also the same number on the back of my ACR card. Under the theory of no one's opinion matters but the office actually doing the work (letting me leave), I am going to try and get my ECC at NAIA. Will update with the result.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

They didn't know the SSRN number was in my passport 

The SSRN is on the front side (picture side) of the ACR Tourist card.

• Like 1