Is it complicated to buy a motorcycle? How does it work?

momo034
Posted
Posted

On 12/16/2016 at 11:18 AM, afathertobe said:

I drive a Honda CB110, very economic bike, hardly uses any petrol at all, cost me 50k PHP - but I wish I had bought a larger bike, on country roads and uphill it just doesn't accelerate fast enough. 

Thanks everyone, this all helps.  Quick question for afathertobe...that 50k you paid for the Honda CB110...was that new from a dealer, used from a dealer, or used from a private party?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, momo034 said:

Thanks everyone, this all helps.  Quick question for afathertobe...that 50k you paid for the Honda CB110...was that new from a dealer, used from a dealer, or used from a private party?

You can get prices online from several sources. It would be cheaper in Manila than in the middle of nowhere but the difference would still be about 5k php.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 12/15/2016 at 5:13 AM, Dr. Shiva said:

What would happens to you if you get caught with a repossessed motorbike?

Could be interesting also to know how to recognize such traps.

It would be reposessed from you.

• Like 2

afathertobe
Posted
Posted
On 04/01/2017 at 6:57 AM, russellmania said:

How did they check how long had you been in the Philippines at the check point?

Sorry for the late reply. I had my passport on me, they searched for the entry stamp both times. The other times they just wanted to see the driving license and OR. 

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted
On 04/01/2017 at 3:51 PM, momo034 said:

Sorry for the late reply, that was 55k new I think, but I got a discount plus helmet plus top case.. think I paid around 51k cash? 

http://ph.priceprice.com/Honda-CB110-10005/

Incredibly reliable and fuel-efficient... but just a tad too slow for me.. will sell it again for a 400cc bike to get on highways. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, afathertobe said:

a 400cc bike to get on highways. 

Yeah, I forgot about that.  There are certain highways that do not permit motorcycles of less than 400cc but thats only near Manila right?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yeah, I forgot about that.  There are certain highways that do not permit motorcycles of less than 400cc but thats only near Manila right?

Even though it is only a requirement on a couple of highways in Metro Manila I have been surprised since my arrival of the lack of 400cc bikes by the major manufacturers as per their respective Philippine websites (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki)

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/4/2017 at 1:57 PM, russellmania said:

How did they check how long had you been in the Philippines at the check point?

By the dark rings around his eyes. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

afathertobe
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2017 at 10:20 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

As far as I know yes - SLEX and NLEX, really important to leave the metro area. 

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2017 at 10:57 AM, AlwaysRt said:

Even though it is only a requirement on a couple of highways in Metro Manila I have been surprised since my arrival of the lack of 400cc bikes by the major manufacturers as per their respective Philippine websites (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki)

I think the market is just too small at the moment, for most a 150cc "racing bike" is already aspirational. But you're right, few mid-level bikes on the market unfortunately. 

• Like 1