Common sense is not here

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

There has been so many times that he was unable to make it home on his days off, that now he has a wife and a kid in both places.

Are both of them his? I had a wife once. She didn't tell me she was married until a couple months into the relationship.:89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jpbago said:

that now he has a wife and a kid in both places.

That is not a Weather problem though is it? this an ego or broken Zipper problem But having said that it seems to be a norm here, maybe he was a merchant seaman before he Was a PO and Throwing his seamen about:hystery: but seriously this is just not an acceptable thing in my Mind

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I just looked at the weather forcast and it is supposed to be windy all week.Going to have to send her more money I think.

At least the malls will still be open for shopping regardless of the high winds.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jpbago said:

I think the coast guard makes the decision based on tonnage and wind speed.

Just like Jeepneys, tricycles and buses you will see maximum capacity exceeded, overloading themselves for a few extra bucks.  The Philippine coast guard or harbormaster have been in the past, allowed vessels to depart regardless of heavy winds and seas -- their pockets are deep.  It's well documented in the news media.  

Life is cheap but it's still mo pun in da Philippines......

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, earthdome said:

At least the malls will still be open for shopping regardless of the high winds.

Might not be true at the new mall in Duma since the parking deck was apparently under-engineered and/or not built to spec.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

Might not be true at the new mall in Duma since the parking deck was apparently under-engineered and/or not built to spec.

There is a new mall in Duma? Where is that Steve?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

There is a new mall in Duma? Where is that Steve?

Not open yet, north of the airport.

How are you doing? 

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Not open yet, north of the airport.

How are you doing? 

Not too bad Steve, just sitting here in my hospital bed, leg is very swollen and obviously painful, but hoping to go home tomorrow, much prefer to convalesce at home.  Let the long healing process begin again, Lol.

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jake said:

Just like Jeepneys, tricycles and buses you will see maximum capacity exceeded, overloading themselves for a few extra bucks.  The Philippine coast guard or harbormaster have been in the past, allowed vessels to depart regardless of heavy winds and seas -- their pockets are deep.  It's well documented in the news media.  

Life is cheap but it's still mo pun in da Philippines......

The longer we all live here we tend to fall into complacency with many things and life takes on the false sense of "normal." I for one get into that mind set sometimes and have to forcibly re-set my thinking and ALWAYS put considerations of safety first in all decisions I make. Constantly reminding myself that safety is not a concern in this country in any way. Anyone that doubts that just got off the plane in Manila and should take a look at the embedded glass in the top of school walls! That's a good indicator of the lack of concern for safety--even child safety.

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Three things the P.I could do a lot more with is common sense, logic and safety, maybe they should teach it in schools because they are all in very short supply here.

• Like 4