Annoying habit

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in Manila and yes the fresh orange juice is squeezed from a pack, the water to make it? 

I have seen many people (locals and foreigners) in these top hotels having breakfast, loading their hand bags with food for lunch.

I have seen my in laws inviting other relatives who are not staying in the hotel to have breakfast with us, when queried they simply say they are guests in your hotel and are staying with us. You have to love the tenacity of these people and the ability to make something from nothing, chewing gum and sticky tape.

For me it is relearning and while sometimes I raise my eye brows generally go with the flow.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/21/2017 at 9:44 AM, David B said:

Learning to handle the tampo will come soon as well as these other miscommunication issues. I love this journey and feel lucky to be on it.

Ha give it a few years and see how you still love it....

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I am just wondering how my wife will react when I take her to a restaurant in the states and no rice on the menu. 

"Sorry, not available"

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I am just wondering how my wife will react when I take her to a restaurant in the states and no rice on the menu. 

"Sorry, not available"

Mine will eat some rice before we go out. She really does not like restaurants neither in Canada nor in Philippines. She would rather eat her own cooking at home. She has been using google to find some recipes other than the small bony fish and rice meals. The main problem in PI is finding the ingredients.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jpbago said:

Mine will eat some rice before we go out. She really does not like restaurants neither in Canada nor in Philippines. She would rather eat her own cooking at home. She has been using google to find some recipes other than the small bony fish and rice meals. The main problem in PI is finding the ingredients.

I'm much the same way here in the PI. I do my own cooking and prefer it to just about any restaurant here in Davao. 

I like Mang Inasal chicken and Yakikix. I'll stop by Mac Donalds from time to time for some fries. The only reasonable Italian restaurant has moved and is now out of the way. 

The main problem that I find in cooking my own food is finding the ingredients just like your wife has.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/21/2017 at 1:12 PM, jpbago said:

Nothing wrong with that. it could be a lot worse. For us, if there is a BK near the JB, we go our separate ways.

Well last Tuesday she actually agreed to go to moon cafe so there is still hope.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

"Sorry, not available"

Too true, after a couple of years we sorted out who serves rice on the menu, mostly Asian resto's though, we have found a good seafood place in Noosa (Queensland) that you can order rice instead of chips. Bengie eats western food these days anyway, only took a couple of years.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyone relate to this? FOOD It eat or go without.jpg cos this where it all starts The Picky thing :smile:

Yep, certainly how we were raised but hey when in Rome.

Most of the nieces and nephews in our family here won't eat vegetables, they only eat the rice meat and fish, problems arise when chop suey or pinakbet is on the menu, I hear the grumbles from the parents all the time.

Cheers, Steve.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyone relate to this? FOOD It eat or go without.jpg cos this where it all starts The Picky thing :smile:

Was the same in our house, you eat what's in front of you or go hungry.

I have tried with limited success to get SWMBO to eat a more healthy rounded diet ( fruit and vegies ) and not so much white rice but I am fighting a losing battle me thinks:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2